Just Waiting is Waiting No More ! !! He has made it to the other side

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXWildflower

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I got a voice message from Just Waiting's (Steve's) wife at 2:15 pm this afternoon. I think she said her name was Marlene, but I didn't catch it. (Actually her name is Louise! Doesn't evens sound like Marlene!)

Anyway, she said she hasn't seen him yet, but Dr. Oswalt came out and talked to her and said everything was a success. The tissue valve is in place - and I assume it is still the ATS Equine valve he had picked - but she didn't say. She said he was on the heart bypass for a little over an hr. She said she would call me later with an update oince he wakes up and is talking. I'll keep you posted.

Excellent New all around. Oh and also she was very glad that he did not need a blood transfusion - she thought that was a big plus.

Last edited:
Louise - Steve's wife called again to say that he has been extubated - about 4 hrs after surgery and he is talking. Naturally in quite a bit of pain, but otherwise doing very well. Dr. Oswalt says the valve is functioning just like it should be. He did get the Equine as he had decided upon using the minimally invasive approach. He has about 4 inch scar over on the right side of his chest.

She said to keep the prayers coming and thanks again for all the emotional support. She will let me know of any updates.

What a short time on bypass..!! Guess Steve wins that horserace..! Just don't come out of that starting gate full speed ahead. Remember, you're a thoroughbred and not a quarter horse!! Easy does it for now...especially with Louise in the saddle.:thumbup:

~~I know corny as hell...but I couldn't resist...and you horse folks will understand~~

Glad to read the positive update; hoping Steve's recovery will be excellent :)

I got a call from the man himself, Steve, yesterday and this is my first chance to post an update. He is doing well, he sounded really good. It was more of an ordeal than he expected and they had some difficulty getting his blood pressure regulated, but he expects to be released to go home on Saturday. He has his horse keychain and is neighing away with his equine valve. He mentioned he felt like he had a whole family that he didn't even know on this forum and he thanks you for all your support.

What a short time on bypass..!! Guess Steve wins that horserace..! Just don't come out of that starting gate full speed ahead. Remember, you're a thoroughbred and not a quarter horse!! Easy does it for now...especially with Louise in the saddle.:thumbup:

~~I know corny as hell...but I couldn't resist...and you horse folks will understand~~

Umhumm.....this folk knows exactly what yer sayin' girl!!! :biggrin2: :tongue2:

my first reply - from the other side THANKS TO ALL!! Wow Each day gets better- Overall things went well- Thanks to Rhena

she has been a friend to us all- I will be glad to PM wth anybody If i can help in the future-and I will post more in a few days- (now i have to get back to pulling the apple cart )I will be back GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Dresslers syndrome anybody ???

Dresslers syndrome anybody ???

Has anybody had "DRESSLERS SYNDROME" I spent two nights in regional hospital about a week ago after going home from surgery - I was doing so well up to that point. Now I am working back to where I was weeks ago.

HEY FOUR weeks out out now - surgeon removed from most medicines and said to never come back to see him. Need to work to keep my Blood pressure level now that I have a good valve. Doctors say valve working "perfect" slowly work back to full steam... Has been a battle - but getting a little better each day ....

Thats great to hear you are doing well, each day we wake up and see the sunshine is a great day. I am hoping to have my surgery before I get a big scare. I cannot wait to be post surgery and get on with my life. Congrates and stay strong!

Latest posts

Back