Just gotta share!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcia58

I'm so excited! I have a collection of short stories, called "Touching Base," for sale in Barnes & Noble.com!

Feel free to contact me for more info.

Marcia

congrats.gif
even your post is a SHORT STOREY

OK, things have calmed down here a little, so more info, as requested.

Mentu - I did an end-run around the publishers ("affectionately" known in writing circles as "the gatekeepers"). Barnes & Noble's PubIt wing is an eBook self-publish system with no upfront fees, and a preset percentage cut. Some people are afraid of a self-publish stigma, but the way I see it, I can let a few people on a publishing team decide, or I can let the buying public decide. I figure if it was good enough for Bruce Wilkinson (Prayer of Jabez) and Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul), it's good enough for me!

nngbwh - Got it in one!

Bina - They were written post-op. The original seed of an idea for one of them ("Scintillating") came from my experience of post-OHS pain. Several of them first saw life as responses to writing prompts for a class I took.

Thanks for the congratulations and good wishes, everyone! And just to spark your curiosity, here are the story titles:
Scintillating
The Two Tribes
Thirty-four Years and Six Months
Dollface
Society News
Bus Stop
Touching Base

Thanks again for your encouragement!

Marcia

P.S. You can download a free eReader and a free sample of Touching Base on the B&N website.

I'm diversifying! Several people have told me they don't have the time or attention span to read a whole book, so I'm also selling "snack-size portions"--individual stories for a dollar apiece. I call them 10-Minute Coffee Break Books, "the perfect size for a commute or a coffee break."

Latest posts

Back