just for Ross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, that looks painful. How long has it been since your OHS? Can you massage it to help it go down or what? Can you even wear a Tee shirt?
I never seen one look that way. Sorry for the questions but I feel your pain.

I've had the cortizone treatments. it itches all day every day even after I stopped going for the treatments a couple of months ago.

If I were you, I'd go talk to a Plastic Surgeon and talk about scar revision. I'm not sure insurance will cover it, but if it's driving you crazy, it might.

If I were you, I'd go talk to a Plastic Surgeon and talk about scar revision. I'm not sure insurance will cover it, but if it's driving you crazy, it might.

Plastic Surgery is about all I can think of to correct something like that.

I guess I deserve to have my nose rubbed in it. Sorry again. :)

I've had the cortizone treatments. it itches all day every day even after I stopped going for the treatments a couple of months ago.

My first scar was bad but not anywhere as bad as that. I did the cortizone shots as well for about six months...did nothing but hurt like hell. I had a plastic surgeon cut it out and restitch me up and then within 24 hours I had one, low dose, radiation treatment which keeps the scar tissue from overgrowing again. It worked beautifully for me. That scar became hardly noticeable at all. Insurance did pay for it too.

Kim

Wow, nice keloid scar. I've had cortisone shots for keloids in the past and they were very painful. The bottom of my scar keloided some, but it has pretty much flattened out over the years.

Witzkeyman, I don't know who sewed you up, but I think they need to go back to the Singer sewing machine class or something. I am attaching a small picture that shows my incision at 18 months. Compare that to yours. Totally different. I guess they glued it, but whatever they did it healed great, and does not bother me at all. Its only about 1/4 of an inch wide, if that, and not raised at all. Itched a little bit the first year, but not since.

OMG, that is the best "smallest" scar I have seen!

Witzkeyman, I don't know who sewed you up, but I think they need to go back to the Singer sewing machine class or something. I am attaching a small picture that shows my incision at 18 months. Compare that to yours. Totally different. I guess they glued it, but whatever they did it healed great, and does not bother me at all. Its only about 1/4 of an inch wide, if that, and not raised at all. Itched a little bit the first year, but not since.

Witzkeyman's looks alot like mine. Like his, mine doesn't hurt (unless it gets hit by something) but it sure itches, especially if I sweat. I don't blame the surgeon, though, as from what I've heard he does a fanastic job. In fact the stitches looked real good in the early days. Unfortunately, some of us are just naturally prone to forming keloids and there's little that can be done to prevent them. :(

Witzkeyman's looks alot like mine. Like his, mine doesn't hurt (unless it gets hit by something) but it sure itches, especially if I sweat. I don't blame the surgeon, though, as from what I've heard he does a fanastic job. In fact the stitches looked real good in the early days. Unfortunately, some of us are just naturally prone to forming keloids and there's little that can be done to prevent them. :(

I agree, Justin has had alot of heart surgeries and sometimes his scar is beautiful and others it keloids, even with the same surgeon and same way of closing. The last time he even had a plastic surgeon close him, which took alot of time and parts of it still look like Witz, altho thinking of it since parts of his sternum have been open 7 times, it's pretty amazing most of it looks great.

Witzkeyman's looks alot like mine. Like his, mine doesn't hurt (unless it gets hit by something) but it sure itches, especially if I sweat. I don't blame the surgeon, though, as from what I've heard he does a fantastic job. In fact the stitches looked real good in the early days. Unfortunately, some of us are just naturally prone to forming keloids and there's little that can be done to prevent them. :(

I have some difficulty agreeing totally with the last sentence, as I believe that the way that a person is sewn up may have something to do with whether or not they form keloids. I am attaching a small picture of my scar at 5 days post-op. Note that except for being somewhat swollen and reddish it is a very fine line and is pretty similar to the 18 month post-op picture. I might agree that there are some folks that are more prone to "growing" keloids, but how could one tell who has that propensity? Are there different ways of getting sewn up? If so, does anyone know what they are? I presume they glued my scar closed, but do not know for sure. Perhaps some methods of sewing a person up make one more prone to growing keloids?

Latest posts

Back