Just a quick update.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Hello gang, well 6 months has come and i feel great! Unless i look at my scar, i wouldnt know i ever had open heart surgery! I hope everyone is doing good and ready for the summer!

Hey Danny:

Glad to hear things are going so well. I'm at about 6 1/2 months. Just had an echo which showed at least I'm back to baseline in terms of ejection fraction. My scar is almost invisible over my upper sternum but is red, raised and itchy and spreading out a bit in the bottom half. Weird, but I'm OK with it.

Bill

Remember back when we were thinking this would be a big deal? Here we are now not even believing we had surgery.

Thanks for the update.

Congratulations! I'm about 6-1/2 months out, and my scar is behaving like Bill B's -- nice and flat and starting to be really pale up top but red and ropy down below. I'm also sore in the chest a little (and I think my wires are causing a little tenderness, too). I'm envious! Can't say I don't notice I had surgery yet, but hope to be there soon!

Hi Danny,

So good to hear that you are doing so well!
I hope the fishing is good for you this season, and that you enjoy the wonderful outdoor activities that come with summer.

All the best to you,

Rob

Latest posts

Back