In The Spirit of Thanksgiving

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
(I was asked by a dear friend to post this excerpt from this weeks ThrowDown ... she knows I can’t say no;))

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving season I thought it would be nice to share things we are thankful for ... I will start the ball rolling by listing a few of the most significant things in my life that I am thankful for .... as you know Chimp’s are prone to ramble on so these are not in any particular order of importance except for the first one ... I’m grateful for a loving wife of nearly 27 years, being gainfully employed, my health, my friends, having all that I need (not necessarily all I want), family, valvereplacement.com and living a sober life one day at a time ...I am fortunate that God holds a special place in His heart for obnoxious Chimps:p

From the depth of my soul I wish each and every one of you the desires of your heart, good health, love and happiness...

Happy Thanksgiving!! ......

Your village idiot,
Tom

Short list:

I am grateful for my husband and sister, who love me,
Wonderful friends who support me,
A great job with health insurance,
A couple of goofy Labradors,
And the ability to breathe.:)

Things I am thankful for:
God allowed me to live after my AVR
Husband of 33 years (he loves me even when I go off the deep end)
A wonderful son and daughter in law
A beautiful daughter and son in law
My sister
My extra smart nephew
My kitties (Simon & Maurice)
My dopey dog Max
My employer and the great health insurance they provide

I'm thankful for:
1. God placing me in this time when valve surgery is possible. After a rough start, I'm thriving!
2. Being able to work with the American Heart Association.
3. The Hubster, who constantly amazes me. Not very men would put up with my #$%^.
4. My job, and my students! (Not to mention the Hubster's health insurance, which is tons cheaper than mine).
5. Finding myself getting closer to the Lord every day.
6. BJ's pizookies!
7. All my friends at VR. What a great web site, and what great people!

What a great thread Cooker, Thanks for starting it!
First, of all I'm thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ who has given me chance to live more years for Him after OHS and many other health issues. He's given me hope and comforted me and protected me though my whole life. Sometimes just to blind to see it.
My wonderful husband with a heart so big it almost does'nt fit in his chest. :)
A wonderful daughter and soon to be SIL that I love dearly.
For my friends and family that have stuck with me through thick and thin.
For my wonderful church family that has been there both physical and emotional.
I don't know how the future will be but I know who holds the future. :)
And, for that I give my life to Him no matter what the world is doing, I know when all is said and done where I'll be at the end.
I praise Him everyday for that. :)
Last but not least my vr friends,I have not meet all of them but hold them dearly to my HEART!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!!! :)

Some of the things for which Superbob is grateful:

1. A wonderful wife of more than four decades who puts up with me. Such a patient, long-suffering woman. She must be an angel. :)
2. Two grown-up kids who are healthy, happy and prospering in successful careers.
3. Three beautiful grandkids who are healthy, happy and smart.
4. A brilliant surgeon from '05 who still cares about me to the extent of reviewing all my echos and scans and telling the young cardios down here that they were mistaking a stentless replacement device for an aneurysm.
5. Superdawg -- the sweetest, smartest, most amazing dog I have ever had.
6. Enough mobility to still walk Superdawg and hit the exercise room and halfway keep up with the grandchilluns, and the knowledge that a good physical therapist can help me far more than any back or knee surgery.
7. The ability to enjoy all the flora and fauna of a coastal environment while living in a downsized, one-floor home that is practical for us.
8. A great doctor and staff, right around the corner, located on a lake with the most gorgeous white swan I have ever seen. (The blonde receptionist is gorgeous, too -- I guess the ability to still appreciate feminine pulchritude is among my blessings.) :)
9. A country that is still free, and hopefully always will be.
10. The ability to continue working in semi-retirement, not primarily because I have to, but because I want to.
11. The one that should go on top -- the benign Providence that makes everything possible.

Just a quick addendum: I am very grateful for my friends on vr.com. This site is definitely among my many blessings.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

Pardon me for butting in, but I just want to say:

Happy Thanksgiving
to each and everyone of you here on VR.com
I'm simply thankful for all of you for being here.

My list of thanks:
1) Devoted husband with a wicked sense of humour.
2) Family, in particular my daughter.
3) My neighbour, LR, who cooked me dinners for many weeks post op.
4) Pets: Can't name them all, or I would crash the database, but my horses, dogs, and goats top the list.
5) VR.com
6) Chimps that can talk
7) Universal health care
8) High speed internet ;)

1. A belief in God which makes me believe all things are possible in this life.
2. Gratitude for being born in the United States
3. Life itself, and the beauty it holds.
4. My husband, our children, grandchildren, and family.
5. Hank Eyring
7. The friendship and comradarie I've gained and lost as a member of VR.

Wow, Cooker aka Tom,

What an excellent thread and God Bless you and yours! I am thankful for my husband, my beautiful kids (Chris 8 and Liz 11) and the rest of my family, for my many wonderful friends, my Heart and AVN Support Groups, and for being an American. I am thankful for our troops and all those who strive to keep our country a safe place to live and raise our families.

Dianne

1. My husband of 42 years and the fact he is still here 8 years after his AVR
2. My mom who is still in good health at age 78
3. My daughter and surviving son
4. My daughter-in-law(wife of son who died in September)
5. My 9 beautiful grandchildren

I hit enter before I added and to God for making all things possible

My twin grandbabies, Joleena and Ezra, their parents Kevin and Dionna. My son and Grandson Craig and Cristian. My 90yr old Mom, and all my extended family and friends. Health insurance and a place to live comfortably. God bless America. Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

With "props" to David Letterman, here's my Top Ten List....

10. Cardiac surgeons, nurses, pumps, OHS, vents, pain meds, and discharge papers!
9. My extended family, who still have my heart, though we don't get together often.
8. My friends and church family, who have been there at every turn this year.
7. My siblings, their spouses, and their kids--and how we're there for each other.
6. My mom, my walking miracle, who in the hospital with 18 fractures and a rupture diaphragm after a car wreck, grabbed her letterboard and spelled, "I love life!"
5. My 4.5 cute, smart, energetic grandkids. (Yep! One on the way--due in March.)
4. My four wonderful kids and the three wonderful kids-in-law they've chosen for us.
3. My husband and sweetheart of 29 years, my hero through all the crises we've faced.
2. The fact that I'm alive another year, to enjoy and give thanks for all the above.
1. My Savior, Jesus Christ, who makes it all possible and all worthwhile.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !!

I am thankful for:
The Lord Jesus who is very patient with me
My wonderful wife who is very with patient me
My parents
My kids
My dog
My wife’s family
My job
Cool air
The smell of a campfire
Hiking in the woods
The ability to see, hear, smell and touch God’ s creation including great food :)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Karl

I am thankful for my:

God who blessed me with a life when I was born and again when I had my surgery, in addition to all that He provided to me throughout my life and thankful for His protection every minute of my life;

Parents and family, and extended family;

Friends who are in my life, and friends who disappeared after they accomplished the purpose for appearing in my life.

VR.com family and friends...in particular those I first met in the chatroom when I was hysterically scared just before surgery: Tom, Bina, Norma, Mary, Crystal, Ottawagal, Freddie and then of course all of VR.members

Everythings that happened and happens in my life...the good that makes me happy, the sad that makes me stronger, and the bad that makes me wiser.

Last but not least, my angel who appeared in the form of a man and I was able to marry him!!.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL, dear extended family members

I have SO many things to be thankful for...
1.I am thankful that my mom is still living at 91, and the rest of my family.
2. I am thankful for my church family.
3. I am thankful for my health. If you are healthy, you are rich.
4. I am thankful for a job I love.
5. I am thankful for the friends I will be spending Thanksgiving with.
6. I am thankful for all the wonderful authors who write all those great books that I LOVE to read.
7. I am thankful that my stepdaughter is going to college.
8.And last but not least,I am thankful for this VR site whose members:) saved my sanity way back when. :)

Latest posts

Back