i'm back!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the other side of the mountain, Cuoricino! I had been waiting for your update and so glad to see that your are slowly but surely on the road to recovery! Now, take things one day at a time and hope every day gets a little better for you.

Gosh, I think it sounds like you are doing great in such a short time. I look back at the posts I did right after surgery and I don't think I was tracking as good as you are. I will tell you this much, it will get better! !:):) Food will start tasting good after a while. Be sure and take it easy for a while, if you don't you'll be so sorry. Remember to breathe, sleep, rest, walk a little each day and eat. It's good to have you on this side of the mountain.

thanks for all your kind messages! i'm feeling better every day and today they took the last i.v. tubes out and said my potential departure date is either tomorrow or the next day. until then, i've been making best friends with all my fellow hospitalites here, and being a question answering welcome wagon for all the newbies i meet.

so the food....

i've never been hospitalized anywhere else in the world so i don't have anything to compare it to. and i first need to preface on a little italian food "culture". in italy, lunch and dinner are 2 course meals witha side dish that comes with your second course. the first course is always rice, pasta or soup and the second course is always some kind of meat or cheese dish. on top of that, of course, there's the bread they eat with their meals and the fruit they eat afterwards.

so, every morning after breakfast, morning meds, doctors' rounds and various hospital commotion, a nurse comes around to ask what you want to eat that day. they give you two or three options for each course, each meal. today, for example, i chose the zucchini risotto and steak filet with a side salad for lunch and the minestrone with breaded fish and cooked vegetables for dinner. before lunch they bring you your "sack" for the day which consists of 2 or three packets of breadsticks, a few rolls, two pieces of fruit and your silverware for the day.

as far as "quality" goes, don't ask me. like i said, my tastebuds have been playing tricks on me this past week and i've been struggling to finish half of each course. but today, actually, everything was very tasty. especially the risotto, but always undersalted (IMO), for obvious reasons.

i definitely need to get back to eating, though, because between the not eating and the trauma and all the rest, i weighed in at a miserable 46kg today. not sure what that translates to in pounds, but i can tell you that it's not a whole lot. yikes!!! if all else fails, i'll just wait until this weekend when i'll have my boyfriend's parents staying with us and cooking us REAL good italian meals. mmmmmmmm.

ciao

Well, if a kilo is 2.2 lbs (methinks) then you weigh a measly 101.2 lbs. You're right, that's pretty puny, even if you're 5 foot nothing!

I could not have imagined posting anything 4 days after surgery. I barely tolerated my spouse and sister at that stage!

Definitely glad your back! Sounds like your in great spirits! Don't try to do too much, too soon though.

Italian food is my FAVORITE. My mother and her family were the BEST Italian cooks! I believe my Grandmother passed on alot of recipes.

Have a great recovery, and GOOD EATING!

Please keep us posted when you can.

Very welcome back. Sounds like you doing very well...I am happy for you.

I had a similar experience to yours the second night...I woke up around 4am realizing I was in a hospital, but did not know where, which country, or why and worried about how to tell my husband the directions to come to take me. I prayed hard and asked God that I would remember everything when I woke up next time...and I did! It was scary feeling for a short time!!

May you continue to improve every day and hope you find a good appetite and enjoy food again.:)

i chose the zucchini risotto and steak filet with a side salad for lunch and the minestrone with breaded fish and cooked vegetables for dinner.

Wow! I could tell my eggs were eggs because they were rubbery and a shade of yellow! The bread was hard and dry, And I never ate the soup because I could not identify exactly what was in it!

It sounds as though you are felling better every day. I hope everything continues well. Remember, once you get home try not to overdo, let folks wait on you a little, you have a good excuse.

Rob

Glad you are back on the other side of the mountain!
Hope you have an uneventful and speedy recovery..

Ciao for now....Linda

Sounds like you are doing well....food sounds pretty good too! I too did not have much appetite in hospital eventhough the food was excellent, but on the last two days of my stay my appetite came back and has never left. I wouldn't have minded to lose a few pounds (I'm not petite like you), maybe over the next few months. I'm sure the great italian cooking will put a few pounds back on.

Glad you are doing well.

Blessings,
Lori

Yay for Katie baby! I received an email with my sign in name and so I didn't need yours afterall! It's great to read all the encouraging comments from your forum friends. God has blessed you indeed; now it's on to mange, mange and more mange time.

Love, Mamamia :)

Yay for Katie baby! I received an email with my sign in name and so I didn't need yours afterall! It's great to read all the encouraging comments from your forum friends. God has blessed you indeed; now it's on to mange, mange and more mange time. Love, Mamamia :)
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to my mother. Leave it up to her to put my real name out there for the first time :) She's been here in bologna like a champ from day one and now they're sending us back home to florence! I'm a free woman!! Yay!

Love you, mamma

Nice to meet you, Katie - lol;)! How wonderful to read your mother's post - you can just see all the love and pride in it.:) And congratulations on being discharged! Wishing you a continued smooth recovery. Don't try to do too much too soon. Take it easy so you can heal properly and before you know it you will be better than ever.

All the best!
Nadine:)

Latest posts

Back