I will bite you

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross, awesome video! I wouldn't have cared if I couldn't have seen a thing but those teeth; but just to hear how thankful you are for getting them brought tears to my eyes . . .

Happy eating! although I am sure you wn't can really chomp into a big steak for a while yet, and I have heard that raspbery jam is the worst stuff - all those little seed-things get caught everywhere.

Hi Ross,
Great to see your new chompers!!
They really look great, I'm sure you will enjoy eating solid food again.
Rich

What a great day. I'm so happy you finally have dem choppers. I hear you about the tori problem - mine bothered me for a while until I toughened up and then found a way for more comfort. Doesn't bother me at all now.

Enjoy eating:)

Well it's not all joy in happy land. I wore them as long as I could yesterday. It's hitting the tori so hard that I actually have a blister on it now. I'm going back this morning for some more adjusting and hoping it can be done. Where they've been whittling away on the material is getting awfully thin, but I think he needs to come back from where he's been taking the material away from.

I tried to eat a little cracker for starters, but Holy Smokes did that tori hurt. I took them out at that point. May have to keep them out for a bit till this thing heals, though I know I have to wear them to the appointment this morning. Oh well, it'll be nice and red and angry by then, so he'll be able to see exactly where the problem is. I have one little spot on the upper plate that needs a tiny bit removed, but the upper fits like a glove. I had a heck of a time breaking the seal to get it out.

I'm hoping he gets me photos of the x rays too. Both of the infected teeth were, well, abscessed right down to the jaw bone. Well on the way to having me pushing up daisies.

Just from what I did do with that cracker, it's going to be a good while yet before I can really eat with them. This is a whole new world that I have to learn to master. Solid food is out of the question until I get the basics down. Soon as I figure out how to chew without rocking them out of place, then I can start on some harder things.

Ross,you and your teeth look great. I have a few friends who have complete sets of man made teeth and they also had problems with the fit for a while when they first got them. But,once they were fitted properly and they got use to them they were eating anything they wanted.

Ross,you and your teeth look great. I have a few friends who have complete sets of man made teeth and they also had problems with the fit for a while when they first got them. But,once they were fitted properly and they got use to them they were eating anything they wanted.

I'm just worried because they've filed away a lot of material where it appeared to be striking that I'm not sure how much more they can remove. I think where he did file is fine, but he needs to extend backwards from the point at which he started. Last thing I want to hear is, "Well, were going to have to remove part or all of that tori."

yes, the filing will help and maybe finally fix things. my dentist had to file down some of the upper edges where it cut in. (I have uppers) finally got it conquered. try not to go without them too long. rinse w/warm salty water to help heal. you might have to make several trips. settling of the set will take some time. one day you will chew again. in the meantime, they look wonderful and I know you are glad this part is nearly over. hang in m'dear - it's always something.

Glad you got them,Rossman. Everything will work out ok once they're totally fitted.

Evelyn

When I got mine the dentist tried to convince me that I would get used to the lower and would learn to eat and talk without it moving around. She lied. And, the movement really aggravated the irritation against the tori. So, I started gluing them. Ultimately what I found worked the best was to use Fixodent powder - I put some on the lower plate - more than a thin coating - tip my head partially upside down to insert the plate and not have all the powder fall off. Then I swish hot water around in my mouth - I do this three times - biting down so it gets tight against the gum. This holds the plate in very well and the powder forms a really nice cushion of protection for the tori.

Your dentist may not agree - this is what works for me. I often forget they're not my teeth they feel so comfortable.

Oh - if you try the powder take a good breath BEFORE you insert the plate. You do not want to inhale the powder!

When I got mine the dentist tried to convince me that I would get used to the lower and would learn to eat and talk without it moving around. She lied. And, the movement really aggravated the irritation against the tori. So, I started gluing them. Ultimately what I found worked the best was to use Fixodent powder - I put some on the lower plate - more than a thin coating - tip my head partially upside down to insert the plate and not have all the powder fall off. Then I swish hot water around in my mouth - I do this three times - biting down so it gets tight against the gum. This holds the plate in very well and the powder forms a really nice cushion of protection for the tori.

Your dentist may not agree - this is what works for me. I often forget they're not my teeth they feel so comfortable.

Oh - if you try the powder take a good breath BEFORE you insert the plate. You do not want to inhale the powder!

Yeah they told me not to use adhesives. I won't until they get this adjusting done correctly, but once it is, I'll put liquid nails on the darn thing if I have too. Anyone here use Seabond?

I wonder how long it took this chap to get used to his new teeth???? :eek:

View attachment 7118

The 18th century teeth, worn by the Archbishop of Narbonne who died in 1806, were found in his coffin after an archaeologists’ dig in London.

They were digging at St Pancras graveyard ahead of building work on the Channel Tunnel’s new rail terminus, reports The Times.

The porcelain dentures, which were still sitting in Arthur Richard Dillon’s mouth, have gone on display at the Museum of London.

It is thought he may have bought the dentures, which feature gold springs, from top Parisian dentist Nicholas De Chemant.

Dillon, who was ordained as Archbishop of Narbonne in 1763, escaped the guillotine during the French Revolution before fleeing to England in 1791.

Museum of London archaeologist Natasha Powers said: "These unique artefacts reflect a pivotal time in dental history with the adoption of new materials and methods of manufacture.

"They also represent a period of significant social and economic change for the upper echelons of French society."

If I can just get past this adjustment thing, I'll be home free to start really using them. Right now, my Tori is so sore after about 3 hours of wearing them, I have to take them out. I don't see the point of rubbing a hole in it, in attempts to get used to the things being in my mouth.

I tried the Seabond for a short time... really didn't like it.

All I'm looking for is your folks experiences with the different things available. This is sort of like walking into the life of Coumadin and not knowing a thing, for me. Call me denture stupid and educate me. ;)

Back