Happy 4th Valversary to me!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

Hi all my VR friends. It’s my 4th Valvesary today so I thought I’d stop in to celebrate another year. Besides, I thought I’d check out our new VR digs.

My Mitral Valve repair is still doing fine and my blood pressure is finally starting to go down now that my Cardio has doubled my Atacand dosage a month ago. It’s still too high though but at least it seems to be heading in the right direction.

My recovery from the motorcycle accident I was in last October is progressing slowly but surely. I’m still unable to return to work so I have been officially transitioned to long term disability status by my employer. It amazes me that 6 weeks after heart surgery I could drive my car and after 12 weeks I was back at work full time. Now here it is 21 weeks after my accident and I still can’t drive or return to work….in fact I still can’t do simple things like tie my own shoelaces. :mad: And I thought the heart surgery was the worst thing that could ever happen top me. :rolleyes: I guess this puts it all into perspective. The heart surgery was a walk in the park compared to this. Anyway, my doctors continue to say “unknown” when asked when I might be able to return to work as there's still too many variables. As some of you may know, I started a new job, with my same long-time employer, about a year ago and now they’ve decided to permanently replace me since my recovery time is still up in the air. However, they have committed to bring me back into an equivalent job when I am able to return. If something isn’t immediately available, they promise to bring me in to do support and relief work until a vacancy becomes available. Thank goodness I decided to take this lower paying job with the same long-time employer when the corporate restructuring occurred, mostly because of the pension implications. Had I decided to take the severance to hold out for something more, who knows where I might be today. My wife keeps telling me everything happens for a reason and in this case it seems to be true. Unfortunately, this does mean losing the momentum I had finally started to have building my business and starting all over again with new clients upon my return.

Anyway, I digress. The main thing is that my heart valve repair is still holding up despite the accident, and all the stress that’s been going on around me ever since, and I’m around to celebrate my 4th valversary. Hurray for me! :cool:

We’re planning to go out for my favourite food, Sushi, next Saturday to celebrate. I may even indulge in a bit of Saki. ;)

So it's been another year, and I look forward to the next (it's got to be better). Cheers, everyone! :D

Congrats to you Wayne on number 4
I too believe things happen for a reason, one can only become stronger.

I wish you the best of luck and may you have many more anniversaries to celebrate

Congratulations on your 4th valversary Wayne & I wish you many more to come! Glad to know you are doing so well despite your accident.

Take care, live life to the fullest but don't take anything for granted! :)

Hi Wayne,

Congrats on # 4. I hope your health improves faster than anyone expects. Don't over do it.

Karl

Cobgratulations, Wayne, on your fourth anniversary. May you celebrate many more years to come with happiness and good health, and keeping the faith that every comes in its own time and everything happens for a reason, mostly for our own good no matter how it looked at the time.

Happy Valversary Wayne and best wishes on your continued recovery from the accident.
John

Glad that you dropped in Wayne. I am sorry to hear of your struggles this past year and hope that things continue to improve for you.

Wishing you a Happy 4th Valversary!

Congratulations wayne...!

Congratulations wayne...!

Wayne,

Congrats on number 4.....Each year is a blessing.....Looking forward to many, many more...:D

Congratulations Wayne...!

Congratulations Wayne...!

Wayne,

Congrats on number 4.....Each year is a blessing.....Looking forward to many, many more...:D

Wayne,

Great to see you here again. Congrats on your 4th valve anniversary and best wishes for recovery from the accident. Would love to see you back here again, if you have time. Best wishes...

Happy 4th valversary Wayne
All the best as your recovery continues from your mb accident too...GodBless and extra prayer for you

Back