Good web page about recovering

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura R

Hi.
I was just looking for information about starting to exercise at the gym now that I'm 6 months post-op and want to rebuild my muscle tone and strength. I came across this webiste which doesn't answer my question, but has a lot of common sense pointers for the first few months post-op. Thought I'd pass it on to you:
http://www.heartsurgeons.com/ed5.html
Laura

Thanks, Laura! This is terrific, and answered a lot of questions I didn't even know I had. Good to know I can go out and do a bit of gardening so soon after surgery. It'll make my recovery go very much more quickly.

Thanks Laura! This is LittleOwl, BigOwl's daughter and this will help us immensely. After her quadruple bypass, she was back at work after 2 weeks, and we are looking forward to having her heal the right way this time! However I do think she will enjoy the extended period of not being allowed to vacuum!

I think the article is very good, but I don't know about the swimming at six weeks part. My surgeon didn't want me in a pool or lake (where I could get an infection) so soon.

Around here you're more likely to die of chlorine poisoning than anything else in the local pools. The Senior Center has one, and I can sometimes smell the chlorine a good mile away. It probably depends on where you swim--a pond or a lake would probably not be a good idea, nor attempting the Channel crossing.

And Little Owl, does this mean you'll be doing my hoovering for me?

BigOwl - Of course it does! I plan on doing all the housework that Mr. Owl (or would he be BigHorseMan?) does not want to do. That includes hoovering.

Thanks for this post. I'm sure it will come in handy, for my husband, in the months to come. I have it saved to my desk top.
Sharon

Hi.
I was just looking for information about starting to exercise at the gym now that I'm 6 months post-op and want to rebuild my muscle tone and strength. I came across this webiste which doesn't answer my question, but has a lot of common sense pointers for the first few months post-op. Thought I'd pass it on to you:
http://www.heartsurgeons.com/ed5.html
Laura

ATTENTION ROSS -

A copy of this text, or at least the LINK, needs to be in the Reference Forum - Must Have category.

'AL Capshaw'

Back