Getting Close

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same old, same old here in Arizona

Same old, same old here in Arizona

The time changes always confused me for nearly 32 years. Now that we live in Arizona, the confusion is gone. Arizona is not on savings time. It's the same all year....But, that sure does not make up for the 5 months of high temperatures. Win some, lose some.

Regards,
Blanche

The time changes always confused me for nearly 32 years. Now that we live in Arizona, the confusion is gone. Arizona is not on savings time. It's the same all year....But, that sure does not make up for the 5 months of high temperatures. Win some, lose some.

Regards,
Blanche

Oh Blanche, I would much rather have 5 months of high temperatures than 5 months of gray, gloomy days like here in Ohio in winter.;):rolleyes::D

Japan also doesn't recognize savings time. One one hand, it's easier to keep track of because you don't have to worry about changing your clock. However, making phone calls to the states is tricky, because I always seem to miscalculate the time! FYI, there's a 17-hr time difference between Japan and the West Coast!

My grandson whose is 3 has a clock in his room and has to wait until it says 7:00 to get out of his bed.

This morning his Dad woke up at 7:00 and could here him playing his DVD when his Dad checked on him he said "Daddy 7:00 took a long time this morning so I got up at another number". LOL:D

Arizona does not change, except for some of the Indian reservations. Neither do Hawaii and parts of Indiana. I'll bet there are a few other places, like that weird section of Indiana, that don't change.

grew up in Miami. we didn't change the clocks, either. then we moved to Baltimore and didn't know what people meant when they told us not to forget to change our clocks that night. We asked them why??? 5 yrs later when we returned to Florida, the state had switched up on us and has been following the change the clock thing ever since.

Daughter tells me she heard that there are fewer heart attacks on this time that the other one.

wish they'd just leave it alone!

we forgot to change ours, but remembered so we were on time for SS/church. then last night daughter asked what time it was. it was only 6, she was sleepy, it was dark, she soon went to bed! bah humbug

By next month the days will be dark at 4:15 pm....and they wonder why depression is rampant in winter???

I wonder (I wish) if there are any studies to show the mental/emotional effect this time change has on people who live in the states/regions that apply the time change and those that do not!!

Eva it is a known condition.....Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder (SAD). No joke.
The treatment is sessions under high intensity lights.

I totally agree and I am one of those affected by this SAD! I am wondering if residents of Arizona and other regions that do not change the time, do they have this SAD?

Latest posts

Back