Flu Shot!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terodac

Got my flu shot today! Last word from my Cardo Doc last week, Get your flu shot!! I was just wondering if it effects our INR levels? :rolleyes:

I got my shot on Tuesday. I won't test my INR for another couple of weeks, but I've never had a problem before. However, I will say that this is the first year the flu shot made my arm really sore. It woke me up several times during the night Tuesday night when I rolled over and a few times Wednesday night. Today is the first day I felt like I slept good. In speaking with others who got the shot the same day I did, they had the same experience. I'm wondering what's in the formula this year that caused sore arms. Perhaps the mini-transponder that the government has decided to inject???

I got my shot on Tuesday. I won't test my INR for another couple of weeks, but I've never had a problem before. However, I will say that this is the first year the flu shot made my arm really sore. It woke me up several times during the night Tuesday night when I rolled over and a few times Wednesday night. Today is the first day I felt like I slept good. In speaking with others who got the shot the same day I did, they had the same experience. I'm wondering what's in the formula this year that caused sore arms. Perhaps the mini-transponder that the government has decided to inject???

You made me laugh.

Strange, this is the first year my arm is not sore and I feel fine! I applied a ice pack as soon as he gave me the shot. One of my nurses gave me that idea, really worked good!

I let the VA give me my flu shot, first I've had in several years. Never felt the shot, only the quite sore deltoid the first night. Had a cardioversion the next day requiring and INR and there were no changes.

Lisa,
Yes, I received my flu shot a couple of days ago. I did notice my arm was swollen more and definitley was more achy, and sore. I called my Dr. about it, and they said I wasn't the only one to complain about it this year.

They change it a bit every year. Evidently this one is a different strain.

I took my flu shot end of August. The nurse warned me that it might hurt or swell and what to do if so. I normally rub the injected area in a circular motion for a while and, luckily, my arm never hurts.

I have had the flu shot every year for the last 21 years. It never has caused any problem. Sine I check my INR every 4 to 6 weeks, I never noticed any change.

Lisa,
Yes, I received my flu shot a couple of days ago. I did notice my arm was swollen more and definitley was more achy, and sore. I called my Dr. about it, and they said I wasn't the only one to complain about it this year.

They change it a bit every year. Evidently this one is a different strain.

Wife and I got our flu shots at our cardiologist office, we both notice how little our arm got sore. Guess we got a different strain. ;)

I just had mine this morning and this is the first time I haven't had a local reaction, no redness, swelling or itching/burning.

I asked my GP where in the order of priority I will be when they release the swine flu vaccine and he said right there at the top of the list.

We have the swine flu vaccine here already under lock and key just waiting for it to be licenced, as soon as it is licenced they will deliver it to the doctors.

Latest posts

Back