Fever as the main symptom

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plsflgood

My mom needs an AVR, as she has been diagnosed with aortic valve stenosis and insufficiency (regurgitation), both moderate-to-severe or severe. But her main symptom is fever, which comes and goes quite unexpectedly, reaching 38C, and then going back to normal on the same day. Wondering if it could be something else (endocarditis or whatever). Her culuture tests were negative.

They were taken twice. Of course, it is still not 100% reliable. Are there other types of diagnostics for inflammatory deseases of heart ?

Its verry possible to have what is called "culture negative endocarditis". I'm guessing if they've done blood cultures twice they did a CBC (complte blood count" do you know if the white cell caount was elevated? If show that ould be a sign of an infection although it wouldnt say where the infection was. the other test if they think it is BE would be an echo to look for vegitation on the valves or a TEE

After my 3rd heart op (AVR) i was in hospital nearly a month because i was getting high temps (sometimes as high as 40C) but still to this day never came up with a reason for it, i had bloods, ecg's, echo's the works every time i spiked and everything came back clear....
Sarah xxxxx

Latest posts

Back