emc07's surgery update... sorry it took me so long.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emc07

Hi everyone,
I had my surgery on September 4, finally. I had a bit of a scare with an A-fib, crazy enough, as they were about to use the paddles on me, I went into a junctional rhythm then they took out some of the fluid around my right lung and it went back, thankfully, into a sinus rhythm. It was a long 8 days in the hospital, I wasn't eating at first, but when I got home my appetite came back. The nurses and Dr.'s were wonderful. I also have a new respect for anesthesiologist's.

I am now 2 weeks post-op and doing well. I have walked around the neighborhood and I am doing most things on my own. I will be left alone for the first day on Monday... I am confident I will be fine. I am still on some medication, 2 pills of lasix's (I think that is spelled right) and amiodarone, hopefully not for that long. Right now my schedule is pretty boring, and I am feeling a bit like I'm under house arrest, but I am home and on my way to being healthy again, so I am thankful.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, it's finally over for me and I am one happy woman. Hope everyone is well, I know it has been a while since I posted. Thanks Again,

Erica

Welcome home!

Welcome home!

Hi Erica,

It is great to get your news and update! I have been wondering how you have been doing. It sounds like you are on the road to recovery (despite a few bumps along the way). Take good care of yourself and I hope that the rest of your recovery is uneventful.

You are now officially on the "other side" of the mountain.

Wanda :)

Glad to hear your home Erica.
"House arrest" - that's good way of putting it, I felt the same way.
Happy to know that everything is going well for you. Just don't over do things when your alone on Monday - it can be very tempting.
You still have to be good to yourself so take care.

So glad to hear from you Erica. Take it slow and easy and best wishes for a continued uneventful recovery.

Welcome home! I remember I was so glad to be home. The hospital food is usually not to good. I am glad to hear you are doing good. Take care and get your rest.

Hi Erica ~ I'm so glad to hear you're home!! Take it easy and i hope you steadily improve with each passing day.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you everyone!

Thanks so much for the well wishes. It is great to be on the other side. I haven't even needed many pain pills. I've only taken a couple the first days, I can't believe I can go without them and feel good. Strange how your body bounces back like that.

You have all been wonderful through all of this, I can't thank you enough for all the great advice and prayers. Take care everyone. I will continue to visit the site and hopefully offer some advice of my own ;)

Thanks!
Erica

Latest posts

Back