Dropping Some Meds !!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach14

About 6 months out now and went to the Cardio on Friday. She said the heart sounded great and EKG showed a normal rhythm (had a cardioversion in October for A-flutter). Best thing was, she took me off three meds - Coumadin (I opted for a tissue valve), Amiodarone, and Ramipril. Given that one of the factors in my tissue choice was avoiding Coumadin and I wanted off of Amiodarone as soon as possible, I was very happy. I read a lot of negative stuff about Amiodarone on the web and this site.

I'm 27 days into a new St. Jude valve and was prescribed Amiodarone for A-fib. I've got a 30 day supply so I'll be off of it in less than a week. I'm looking forward to just be on the Coumadin. I hope that will allow me to sleep better when off of it.

Kurt
AVR - St. Jude (minimally invasive) Less than a month ago
UAB (Dr. McGiffin)

Thanks Bina. I checked with her and she said it was OK to stop all three immediately. She has me scheduled to come back in 3 months, which is how long she said the Amiodarone would stay in my system, so she can make sure the a-flutter has not re-surfaced.

hi coach good news you can come off the meds,amiodarone gets sum bad press but it seems to work,my cardio said 3 month also,but im sure i remember him saying it also depends how long you on it,anyway great news overall

Latest posts

Back