Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 5-30

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is any possibility it's symptomatic of something other than a mild strain, please do get it checked out.

Superbob's good news is that his favorite coffeehouse today after church started seving up miniature scones. Much easier on caloric intake. Got a cranberry-orange. Of course, could get a large one and split into three and save the rest, but Superbob doesn't have that much willpower. :rolleyes: So miniatures are good.

Super-sized scones --- BTS

Miniature scones --- BTQ :p;)

If there is any possibility it's symptomatic of something other than a mild strain, please do get it checked out.

Superbob's good news is that his favorite coffeehouse today after church started seving up miniature scones. Much easier on caloric intake. Got a cranberry-orange. Of course, could get a large one and split into three and save the rest, but Superbob doesn't have that much willpower. :rolleyes: So miniatures are good.

Super-sized scones --- BTS

Miniature scones --- BTQ :p;)

Frosting?;).....New Frosted Mini Scones:D....LOL

No more swinging from trees for you for a while. I hope it feels better soon.

I just had an idea!!!! Why don't we do a Throw Down t-shirt? I already have a Cafe Press account where I put t-shirts for my music team. I don't do a profit or charitable donation thing, it's just whatever Cafe Press charges the person buying the shirt. (This way there's no paperwork for me.) Or we could see if Hank can do it through his account and thus make some $$ for VR?

Whadoyatink? We could start brainstorming slogans and image. I think a chimp in a cape of some kind might be in order. An homage (pronounced the French way) of sorts for our fearless leaders???

No more swinging from trees for you for a while. I hope it feels better soon.

I just had an idea!!!! Why don't we do a Throw Down t-shirt? I already have a Cafe Press account where I put t-shirts for my music team. I don't do a profit or charitable donation thing, it's just whatever Cafe Press charges the person buying the shirt. (This way there's no paperwork for me.) Or we could see if Hank can do it through his account and thus make some $$ for VR?

Whadoyatink? We could start brainstorming slogans and image. I think a chimp in a cape of some kind might be in order. An homage (pronounced the French way) of sorts for our fearless leaders???

LOL...I'm flattered but I think a before and after kind a deal....maybe.... "Babes Of ThrowDown":p:D....that would raise more moola than an ape in a cage:D

Ape in a CAPE! Super Chimp (Thinking of you and your fearless super hero sidekick.)

Good idea, Karlynn. Superbob will try to approach this analytically, rather than using his smart-alecky powers. :p

To have any meaning, the T would have to show that it's some sort of weight-loss deal.

Could have one for ladies that borrows from PJ's signature, "Losin' weight with Cooker," with a likeness of a svelte gal dancing or doing aerobics.

Could have another version for guys with the same wording but depicting the Chimp in a Superbob outfit perhaps flexing his biceps -- do chimps have biceps? :D (Superbob is willing to lend his outfit, since it probably fits Cooker better anyway. :p

Good idea, Karlynn. Superbob will try to approach this analytically, rather than using his smart-alecky powers. :p

To have any meaning, the T would have to show that it's some sort of weight-loss deal.

Could have one for ladies that borrows from PJ's signature, "Losin' weight with Cooker," with a likeness of a svelte gal dancing or doing aerobics.

Could have another version for guys with the same wording but depicting the Chimp in a Superbob outfit perhaps flexing his biceps -- do chimps have biceps? :D (Superbob is willing to lend his outfit, since it probably fits Cooker better anyway. :p

Smart-Alecky:confused::confused::eek:......Good ideas....
View attachment 5848

:p

***Calling all ThrowDowners***......Phyllis is starting her journey on treatment for breast cancer....Please keep her and Dick in your prayers....I know she will appreciate hearing from you....Mary started a thread to encourage her and to let her know that her VR family is praying for her......Thanks.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned?.And I ain?t even Catholic :rolleyes:?.But my transgressions are so grievous that confession is in order?.Our church had a cookout last night??2 hamburgers, 3 hotdogs and ice cream?.I am seriously considering going back to the PCA??cover dish and cookouts aren?t sacraments in the PCA.....between the cookouts and cover dishes and the no dancing:rolleyes::rolleyes: the Baptist Bulge is hard to combat:D

I have had several, seriously bad days.
No good reason; life just "happened"!:p
I'm working to get back on track, but the scales aren't letting me forget what I've done!:(:

I have had several, seriously bad days.
No good reason; life just "happened"!:p
I'm working to get back on track, but the scales aren't letting me forget what I've done!:(:

Brave you are.....I ain't getting anywhere near a set of scales before Friday morning post pooh:eek::D

Forgive me Father for I have sinned….And I ain’t even Catholic :rolleyes:….But my transgressions are so grievous that confession is in order….Our church had a cookout last night……2 hamburgers, 3 hotdogs and ice cream….I am seriously considering going back to the PCA……cover dish and cookouts aren’t sacraments in the PCA.....between the cookouts and cover dishes and the no dancing:rolleyes::rolleyes: the Baptist Bulge is hard to combat:D

There is no doubt that your church likes to eat!!!!!!! The best cooks you can lay hands on are church cookbooks. Everyone puts in their favorites.

I belong to and work for a PCUSA church, our potlucks are few and far between and the coffee hour isn't usually too enticing.

There is no doubt that your church likes to eat!!!!!!! The best cooks you can lay hands on are church cookbooks. Everyone puts in their favorites.

I belong to and work for a PCUSA church, our potlucks are few and far between and the coffee hour isn't usually too enticing.

Oh yeah....I forgot to mention the 5 KrispyKremes Sunday morning in open assembly :eek::eek:

Superbob is being soooooooooo good! :D Last night he awoke at 3 a.m. and had an attack of the munchies. He took one handful of the potato chips left over from Memorial Day and then tossed them. (If DW finds out he threw away food, he might be in trouble, but he dares to risk. :)

Superbob also had a 90-minute PT session this morning. Wow, he didn't know they ever went that long, and it helps that his PT is a cutie who dispenses lots of friendly smiles all the while. Used heat and ice, lots of new exercises, and started in on various exercise machines, too. Good news was that Superbob could manage to hobble out to his car afterwards. :D And also afterwards, Superbob went ahead and shelled out the money at CVS for the pricey OsteoBiflex (Glucosamine-plus) supplement his GP recommended. If going to rehab these ancient, battle-scarred knees, might as well take a shot at renewing cartilage, too. :)

Except for one miniature scone (non-frosted) yesterday, Superbob has abstained from the treats. :)

Superbob is being soooooooooo good! :D Last night he awoke at 3 a.m. and had an attack of the munchies. He took one handful of the potato chips left over from Memorial Day and then tossed them. (If DW finds out he threw away food, he might be in trouble, but he dares to risk. :)

Superbob also had a 90-minute PT session this morning. Wow, he didn't know they ever went that long, and it helps that his PT is a cutie who dispenses lots of friendly smiles all the while. Used heat and ice, lots of new exercises, and started in on various exercise machines, too. Good news was that Superbob could manage to hobble out to his car afterwards. :D And also afterwards, Superbob went ahead and shelled out the money at CVS for the pricey OsteoBifex (Glucosamine-plus) supplement his GP recommended. If going to rehab these ancient, battle-scarred knees, might as well take a shot at renewing cartilage, too. :)

Except for one miniature scone (non-frosted) yesterday, Superbob has abstained from the treats. :)

Well?aren?t you just the ThrowDown poster boy;):p;)??Sounds like SuperBob is in super form!!!.....We need his lead by example attitude!!!!.....Proud of you!!!!:)

SB?try the CVS brand?.I have been using it for a while and DW has been using it for several years and it works just fine?.Still a bit costly but it goes on special pretty often?..About a month ago they had BOGO for a penny?..I bought all they had on the shelf?.

Superbob also had a 90-minute PT session this morning. Wow, he didn't know they ever went that long, and it helps that his PT is a cutie who dispenses lots of friendly smiles all the while. Used heat and ice, lots of new exercises, and started in on various exercise machines, too. Good news was that Superbob could manage to hobble out to his car afterwards. :D And also afterwards, Superbob went ahead and shelled out the money at CVS for the pricey OsteoBiflex (Glucosamine-plus) supplement his GP recommended. If going to rehab these ancient, battle-scarred knees, might as well take a shot at renewing cartilage, too. :)

I'm also guessing that Superbob got a good abdominal workout from holding in his stomach around the cute little PT. :D

I've been a workout fiend lately. I never thought it could be fun, but it's fun.

I had a protein shake for breakfast, and a bowl of cottage cheese and strawberries with a bit of Fiber One cereal and sweetened with Splenda.

Haven't worked out today but have been doing a lot of gardening - digging holes for new trumpet vines, transplanting a clematis, planting a few new fern plants and hauling our garden hose around a 1/2 acre lot since the only outside spigot we have is in the front of the house.

I'm also guessing that Superbob got a good abdominal workout from holding in his stomach around the cute little PT. :D

Haven't worked out today but have been doing a lot of gardening - digging holes for new trumpet vines, transplanting a clematis, planting a few new fern plants and hauling our garden hose around a 1/2 acre lot since the only outside spigot we have is in the front of the house.

AMEN to SuperBob's working those adbominals! Funny what a cutie can get a man to do!:p:p

And we only have a spigot in our backyard, so I'm thinking we need to figure this out, Karlynn!

Latest posts

Back