Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 10-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hoo! My hard work yesterday paid off! :D When I'd weighed myself yesterday morning I was not down at all, but this morning I was plesantly surprised.

Starting weight: 142
Last Week: 135
This week: 133
loss this week: -2
Total loss: -9

I'm so very happy about these results. I'm amazed that I managed it even with a wedding and rehearsal dinner over the weekend. I'm doing much better than I thought. I cannot wait to reach my goal (125) so I can go out and buy some new clothes! :D

Gnusgal said:
Woo hoo! My hard work yesterday paid off! :D When I'd weighed myself yesterday morning I was not down at all, but this morning I was plesantly surprised.

Starting weight: 142
Last Week: 135
This week: 133
loss this week: -2
Total loss: -9

I'm so very happy about these results. I'm amazed that I managed it even with a wedding and rehearsal dinner over the weekend. I'm doing much better than I thought. I cannot wait to reach my goal (125) so I can go out and buy some new clothes! :D

Great job Niki!!!! And a great testimonial that perseverance pays off!!!!

Just weighed..the perfect 171.0(no ounces):D ..so I can post a 7 lb loss..:D ..could it be..I may be going for another 1 lbs loss before Friday?.....No grandkids this week to help me run it off. Have to chase hubby around..:p Bonnie

Drink Your Water

Drink Your Water

One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pains for almost 100% of the dieters in a recent University study.

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should ev ery day?
(No kidding, all of the above is true!)

A glass of water at bedtime just makes me get up to pee in the middle of the night. Doesn't make me any less hungry. :mad:

Okay, now that I have debunked your water propaganda, Cooker, tell us what you ate at the Fair. Inquiring minds want to know! :D :D :D

RobHol said:
A glass of water at bedtime just makes me get up to pee in the middle of the night. Doesn't make me any less hungry. :mad:

Okay, now that I have debunked your water propaganda, Cooker, tell us what you ate at the Fair. Inquiring minds want to know! :D :D :D

As far as the glass of water at bed time it all "depends" on how big a glass.;) ;)

State Fair Fare: One foot long corndog, on bag of mini-donuts and 1/2 real coke. All and all I am pleased. I know of two dinners this week and maybe three:eek: The eating never ends:D :eek: :D

Cooker, I'm glad you had your corndog!!! And I'm glad you didn't go whole hog on every food stand in the place!!!!!

I went out last night and had my favorite pizza. Quattro Fromaggio (and you know that means 4 kinds of cheese!! evoo, fresh basil and walnuts) And 2 glasses of red wine. AND Calimari!! Don't feel even one iota of guilt. I totally am in the same league with everyone who says they should not deny life's pleasures. I guess I"m just kind of with Melissa on the deep fried stuff at fairs. Having pretty completely gotten away from fast foods and deep fried things (ok, yes, the calimari was lightly breaded and fried) I find that when I do have a donut or (my weakness) tater tots, they honestly make me nauseous. I'm thrilled that they make me sick. It is a great deterrent.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

:) Marguerite

Marguerite53 said:
Cooker, I'm glad you had your corndog!!! And I'm glad you didn't go whole hog on every food stand in the place!!!!!

I went out last night and had my favorite pizza. Quattro Fromaggio (and you know that means 4 kinds of cheese!! evoo, fresh basil and walnuts) And 2 glasses of red wine. AND Calimari!! Don't feel even one iota of guilt. I totally am in the same league with everyone who says they should not deny life's pleasures. I guess I"m just kind of with Melissa on the deep fried stuff at fairs. Having pretty completely gotten away from fast foods and deep fried things (ok, yes, the calimari was lightly breaded and fried) I find that when I do have a donut or (my weakness) tater tots, they honestly make me nauseous. I'm thrilled that they make me sick. It is a great deterrent.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

:) Marguerite

Oh:eek: I forgot the four KrispyKremes I had at church:D ....Anything that makes you sick send to me. I want to do all that I can to make you healthy:p :p :p

Question?

Question?

When member post.their loss for the week..are you using a digital scale?.Like.today.. I posted a perfect...171.0 .If my scales had said..171.8...I would have not posted it..trying to get those 8 oz. down?.that is 1/2 a lb............My old scale only have the stripes.......Why I love my new digital scale.......What type are you using?.Scales?..Bonnie

I have one that dwaddles a long time and gives me an ERR reading if I sway just slightly (at least it doesn't say, you ate too many scones, fatso. :p ) and then it finally gives me a weight that sometimes breaks down into .5 (for example, 258.5). Disclosure: I round (no pun intended) downward. :D Is this a digital scale? It's digital this, and digital that these days, and most of the time I am clueless. :p

I have a digital scale too...it does make reading the actual number easy...except I dont like the number it reads...I have long forgotten exactly what weight I started out at :eek: ...all I know is that I have barely made any change in since I began this whole thing...
I would count every ounce and gram lost too Bonnie...that is if I were able to lose any :D

They might more accurate........but you have to remember to change the battery. We've have one.......had it years. The other day I weighed 198:eek: I re-set it then I was 98lbs (I can only wish) Second re-set I got 128lbs. Changed battery and got 121 3X in a row.

So remember to change the battery

Granbonny said:
When member post.their loss for the week..are you using a digital scale?.Like.today.. I posted a perfect...171.0 .If my scales had said..171.8...I would have not posted it..trying to get those 8 oz. down?.that is 1/2 a lb............My old scale only have the stripes.......Why I love my new digital scale.......What type are you using?.Scales?..Bonnie

Bonnie, I know I posted an answer to your question but I must not have submitted it. We have the upright scales with the sliding weights, old style doctor scales. They have 1/4 pound hash marks.

I don't think it is as important what the scales read as what direction they are going in.

I've got the old fashioned dial kind. Which makes it difficult to know for sure what number it is, especially when I'm wearing my glasses, which are a few prescriptions behind my contacts... I've been thinking about getting a digital, but I'm not sure if I'll like what a new scale tells me. ;)

Latest posts

Back