Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 10-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a lot easier to fudge your weight a bit on the dial scales! It is not so easy when the numbers either bad or good are staring you in the face.:eek:

Mine is digital and only reads in pounds and half pounds. Has a nice blue light. Never seems to have the same weight as the doctor's office....I guess my clothes really do weigh alot. How much do clothes weigh? Pair of jeans, cotton t-shirt, undergarmets, shoes, socks? Guess the size of them could matter, too! I think my jeans weigh more than someone's with a size 6!

Cooker, do you have yours calibrated often? Pretty special little scale you got there!

:) Marguerite

I think cooker got his scale from the zoo where he was raised......
some of those apes would break your average little "home style" scale.
When my mom had severe medical issues, my Dad went right out and bought a digital scale, it was of utmost importance to have exact weights. I also bought one for my future SIL (diabetic) when he wanted to lose weight. Now that I'm thinking about it, I will ask for one for a Christmas gift.

Marguerite53 said:
Mine is digital and only reads in pounds and half pounds. Has a nice blue light. Never seems to have the same weight as the doctor's office....I guess my clothes really do weigh alot. How much do clothes weigh? Pair of jeans, cotton t-shirt, undergarmets, shoes, socks? Guess the size of them could matter, too! I think my jeans weigh more than someone's with a size 6!

Cooker, do you have yours calibrated often? Pretty special little scale you got there!

:) Marguerite

Yes I calibrate them every time my weight goes up:D :D :D Just kidding. There is a worm screw and you turn that so the balance will be floating in the middle when nothing is on them. I still just look for the downward trend. I am not as concerned with what I weigh as much as if I am losing, the fit of my clothes and how I feel about my self.

This has been a tough diet week:eek:

Bina said:
I think cooker got his scale from the zoo where he was raised......
some of those apes would break your average little "home style" scale.
When my mom had severe medical issues, my Dad went right out and bought a digital scale, it was of utmost importance to have exact weights. I also bought one for my future SIL (diabetic) when he wanted to lose weight. Now that I'm thinking about it, I will ask for one for a Christmas gift.

We chimps are short for our weight. So I am not fat....just a bit vertically challenged:p :p :p :D

Reverse Throw-Down Anyone?

Reverse Throw-Down Anyone?

Tough diet times, indeed.

Why don't we do a Reverse Throw-Down?

See who can regain fastest the weight they have lost?

Betcha I could beat you all -- could regain my 14 lost pounds in one week, flat. :p :p :p

I am running for School Board, of all crazy things to do, in my small mountain community and it's getting in the nervous stage and I am nervous-eating, esp at night when my mind races and I can't sleep. :(

Superbob is in danger of becoming Bob the Blimp again. :mad:

RobHol said:
Tough diet times, indeed.

Why don't we do a Reverse Throw-Down?

See who can regain fastest the weight they have lost?

Betcha I could beat you all -- could regain my 14 lost pounds in one week, flat. :p :p :p

I am running for School Board, of all crazy things to do, in my small mountain community and it's getting in the nervous stage and I am nervous-eating, esp at night when my mind races and I can't sleep. :(

Superbob is in danger of becoming Bob the Blimp again. :mad:

SuperBob.......what are you thinking:confused: Have you been weakened by KrispyKreme Criptonite!!??!!?? You must stand strong!!!! Set backs are a way of dieting life....this sucks, I know. I am terrified about getting on the scales in the morning:eek: :eek: I have indulged this week in treats of various types and I know the result will be gain. Nothing is forever, including binges.

Hang tough big guy. As they say in the Home Depot commercial "You can do it......we can help"

RobHol said:
Help me! Help me! Superbob's strength is fading....Superbob needs the pretty ladies of vr.com fanning his face and feeding him grapes. (That is, as opposed to cookies and cakes) :p :p :p

SB??that sound a lot like a harem:D ;) ??.I can loan you ten or twelve beauties?..I will need them back by next week:cool: :cool: :cool:

Bob

Bob

Hang in there..I made the mistake of bringing home all my Grands treats from last weekend on the lake,:eek: A tray of halloween shortbread cookies, chips, ect..( I had them at a park and daughter went to motorhome and got their clothes)..and I hated to throw them away..(treats)so put them on the end of kitchen counter....and have been nibbling on them this week.:( Plus, we got blessed rain today..:) .and ever noticed how hungry one gets when it is pouring rain outside?So, I am sure I probably gained back a lb....Tomorrow the treats get thrown out to the Crows..:p ....You have worked too hard to lose those 14 lbs..good for you wanting to serve on school board....but try to keep some healthy snacks for those nights..you have problems sleeping.......I have loss..7 lbs..and I don;t think I will ever gain them back again......made life -changes that are working..:) No more fast-food. no bread with dinners..no potatoes......I am still hoping for a 1 lb loss ..every 1 to 2 weeks:) ...I think we are about 1/2 way..on diet thread before Thanksgiving/Xmas...when we all tend to eat much more..:eek: so..let's keep it off...then we can enjoy a meal..without gaining too much..:p Bonnie

First of all, Bob, hang in there. You've been doing a great job and I know you can get back on track. You've got us all behind you to support you! :D

Second, I have to report a shocking result of all this dieting... I've been working really hard to not eat fast food and I realized today that it's been nearly a month since the last time I ate from a drive through. And even then I was making sure to order the grilled item and no fries... Today I decided to splurge. I didn't feel guilty about it because I know I've been doing so well. My coworker and I had an errand to run and decided to stop at Chick Fil A before heading back. I had a fried chicken sandwich and waffle fries. I'd been craving one for a while and was looking forward to it. But I guess all this healthy eating is getting to me because it actually didn't taste as good as I was expecting and I couldn't eat all the fries (used to get the biggie size and eat it with no problem, this time the regular was too much!). About 45 minutes after eating I regretted it. My stomach took revenge and sent me to the potty! :eek: I'm staying away from fast food from now on!

Thanks, all, for the support. My wife thinks I have done well, but she has the sweetest tooth in all the land. Yesterday, we went to an upscale grocery store and she brought home banana pudding, cookies, and lemon chess pie -- all for her. Tonight we went out to Applebee's and she got a huge brownie with several scoops of ice cream -- ate some there, brought some home. She has a drawer in the kitchen that is always filled with her stash of assorted candies. No worries -- I can turn instead to....celery??? :mad:

Oh well, Superbob is being strong. :)

Latest posts

Back