Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 10-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Cooker! Down four is awesome. Congrats to the other "losers" also.

I have nothing to report this week.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Starting weight: 179

Last week: 165

This week: 165

Holding at: -14

Gotta move my body more.

Looks like I'm going to have to do a Monday weigh in. I completely forgot to weigh yesterday morning (don't ask). And I'm certainly not going to post a weigh in from today as I went to a rehearsal dinner last night and had a margarita which means I'm swollen as all get out this morning. I have the wedding tonight and do not plan to drink, but I want to give my body some time to shed some of that water weight before I report in.

I'm proud of everyone's efforts this week! Sadly, I only made it to the gym once this week. On Monday I think I overdid it and my ICD site became sore. So I decided to take it easy the rest of the week and let that heal up (I'm fairly certian that I ended up with a slight hematoma at the site, but it seems to be going down on its own). From now on I'm doing low weights and high reps to avoid having this problem again. I've also figured out that Mondays are kind of slow at the lap pool, which means I can get my own lane and not feel like I'm slowing anyone down. I know I'll swim at least on Monday, if not one other day in the week.

I'll be back on Monday to report my "official" weight for this week!

Last night we went to the Long Horn to try their new prime rib. It was fantastic and it was the most beef I have had since we started this torture.:p Started with an appetizer then a fully dressed salad, bread, 8oz medium rare prime rib and the vegetable medley. Now for me to choose vegetable medley is a major deal.:) They have the best baked sweet potatoes, I watched my wife enjoy hers.:mad:

Sunday afternoon we are off to the State Fair!!!!:eek: :D :eek: I know that I will have a foot long corndog, French fries and vinegar, sausage dog, little hot donuts right out of the grease with powdered sugar and a fambo deluxe cinnamon bun to close out the night.:eek: ;) :D Monday thru Friday morning I will be having???well, probably air.:(

cooker said:
we are off to the State Fair!!!!:eek: :D :eek: I know that I will have a foot long corndog, French fries and vinegar, sausage dog, little hot donuts right out of the grease with powdered sugar and a fambo deluxe cinnamon bun to close out the night.:eek: ;) :D Monday thru Friday morning I will be having???well, probably air.:(

Sounds like you need SUPERBOB to guard you against such insidious temptations! :eek: :D

Cooker. I just don't know about you!!! All that hard work and then just throwing it all away in a few (well, your list is more than a few) bites!!!

This could be a rather mean idea, but much like the evening news stories on diet and the widening of the american ass; why don't you look around you when you get to the fair. Pay attention to who, there, is really dowdy or heavy. How do they look? Are they who you want to be in a crowd? No. Probably not. And why, when you go to the State Fair, are you only thinking of the food? Why not have a large healthy snack before you go. Then, hopefully you've been learning to listen to your stomach by now.....if you aren't hungry you won't want so many treats. Think of all that grease........eeeuuuwwwwww. Would you sit down in your own house and just eat a whole pound of butter??? Probably not! :eek: Yet that is kind of what you are drooling over!!

Turn a new leaf! Go over to the horticulture exhibits (I don't know..are there plants at a State Fair) and go home with a house plant....or some craft. If you have to carry something around all day, you won't be able to eat.....no hands!! Take a "taste" of some other element of the Fair.

Good luck out there!!! We want a full report.

:) Marguerite

Cooker, is getting a beating....ouch.:D
At our country fairs, I used to buy those decadent little greasy donuts, eat only 2 of them and give the rest to a friend. Then once you have walked around for an hour or so, have a small ice cream cone and walk some more.
Mealtime would be a steerburger or emuburger, with just a dab of mustard, no cheese, remove half of the bun. Then walk some more!

Marguerite53 said:
Turn a new leaf! Go over to the horticulture exhibits (I don't know..are there plants at a State Fair) and go home with a house plant....or some craft. If you have to carry something around all day, you won't be able to eat.....no hands!! Take a "taste" of some other element of the Fair.

Good luck out there!!! We want a full report.

NO:D :p :D I will full report Friday morning and still post a loss! Contsant denial of life's pleasures will surely cause my demise

Cooker - you are doing great! Congrats to all of the people who are actively losing weight.

It concerns me a bunch, though, that you refer to losing weight as "torture," and lovingly refer to greasy food. I pass no judgment. However, I grew up with a mother who had a similar outlook - healthy eating was torture, and she couldn't imagine life without her food - especially the state fair type of food - fried donuts, corn dogs, cheese curds. The sad part is, as her daughter, I watched her slowly eat herself to death. She died at 48.

Losing weight isn't really about the food now, is it? It is about feeling deprived (or not feeling deprived), it is about listening to your body and your feelings. It is about whatever food represents to you. Because I can GUARANTEE you, if you were listening to your body (and not just your taste buds or what food represents for you), fried donuts would not be your top food choice. And then, losing weight becomes much, much easier.

I LOVE the taste of fried donuts. Yum! But, keeping a healthy diet otherwise, when I eat them, they make me sick. And so when I eat them, I know I will feel like crap for a while, which is auto incentive not to eat them.

I don't mean to single you out. Jut having watched someone dear to me prioritize food over life, and having been robbed of a mother for all of my adult life, it is hard for me to see others love their food to the detriment of their health. In the long run, is it really worth it???

Marguerite53 said:
Cooker. I just don't know about you!!! All that hard work and then just throwing it all away in a few (well, your list is more than a few) bites!!!

This could be a rather mean idea, but much like the evening news stories on diet and the widening of the american ass; why don't you look around you when you get to the fair.

Yikes! Marguerite! Good idea in theory but methinks Cooker does not need encouragement to survey varied derrieres at the Fair, esp. the feminine ones. :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :p :p

MelissaM said:
Cooker - you are doing great! Congrats to all of the people who are actively losing weight.

It concerns me a bunch, though, that you refer to losing weight as "torture," and lovingly refer to greasy food. I pass no judgment. However, I grew up with a mother who had a similar outlook - healthy eating was torture, and she couldn't imagine life without her food - especially the state fair type of food - fried donuts, corn dogs, cheese curds. The sad part is, as her daughter, I watched her slowly eat herself to death. She died at 48.

Losing weight isn't really about the food now, is it? It is about feeling deprived (or not feeling deprived), it is about listening to your body and your feelings. It is about whatever food represents to you. Because I can GUARANTEE you, if you were listening to your body (and not just your taste buds or what food represents for you), fried donuts would not be your top food choice. And then, losing weight becomes much, much easier.

I LOVE the taste of fried donuts. Yum! But, keeping a healthy diet otherwise, when I eat them, they make me sick. And so when I eat them, I know I will feel like crap for a while, which is auto incentive not to eat them.

I don't mean to single you out. Jut having watched someone dear to me prioritize food over life, and having been robbed of a mother for all of my adult life, it is hard for me to see others love their food to the detriment of their health. In the long run, is it really worth it???

Thank you for your concern (you too Marguerite). I feel like have failed, dropped the humor ball??:( I eat right (and love it) 80% of the time. On the other hand only 20% of what I say is serious when it come to this thread.:rolleyes: I do however refuse to deny myself special foods on special occasions. I am as concerned with my health as much as anyone.

I do not live like there is no tomorrow but I don?t live like there will be ?no? tomorrow if I indulge in a few treats. I have a very good friend that ate as healthy as anyone possible could, ran 5 to 10 miles 4 or 5 time a week and he suffered a MAJOR stroke after one of his runs. Now he is totally disabled, drags one leg and it has taken me 5 years to understand what he says to me??he is not bitter but he does enjoy some foods now that he denied himself prior to his stroke. I am not saying eat, drink and make merry for tomorrow we die, but we might.

I love life and am grateful for the health and for the blessing that have come my way. I do not encourage or discourage anyone to or not to eat or drink what they want. I do recommend moderation in all things, good and ?bad? :D I apologize if I implied that I was not concerned with my health or that I was readying myself for a suicidal nose dive into the grease pit of life, nothing could be further from my intent.

Again, thanks for your concern. It?s post like this that do urge me to inventory my desires and motives.

RobHol said:
Yikes! Marguerite! Good idea in theory but methinks Cooker does not need encouragement to survey varied derrieres at the Fair, esp. the feminine ones. :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :p :p

Bob......I was going to leave that one alone "butt" now that you bring it up......I am a fanny man:cool: ;) :cool:

I tried!

I tried!

I tried, I swear I did. I was going to ride our exercise bike today for exercise. I put on the tennies, set up the CD player, and got on... But the stupid thing is broken or something. This is the first time I've tried to use it in I don't know how long, so I don't know if it is something that happened in the move or if it happened before. But either way the darn thing is broken and I have no idea how to fix it. It's one of those that turns "on" when you start pedaling and you can program the time, resistance, etc. But when I started to pedal nothing happened. I suppose I could just ride it with no resistance, but that seems pointless. Maybe I'll take the dogs for a walk instead? :( Or maybe "someone" is trying to tell me not to exercise today. ;)

I didn't do too badly at the wedding yesterday. I only got a tiny serving of everything so I could try it. You could actually still see some of my plate. I did go back for seconds on the grilled veggies, but nothing else (even though I kind of wanted to). And I skipped the cake altogether. Which isn't really that much of a feat, since I'm not really a desert person anyway. I also skipped all alcoholic beverages and stuck to water. I'm pleased to report no noticable swelling from the evening. :) Tomorrow morning I will report my official weigh-in, though I'm doubtful I'll show a loss. One can hope though!

As for the discussion about denying ourselves the foods we love, I agree with cooker. Never cut yourself off completely from the foods you love, just make sure you indulge in moderation. That can be easier said than done, but it is possible. I don't know that any of my favorite foods are really all that bad for me, it's the AMOUNT I eat that's the problem. But I must be getting better. I had some soup for lunch today and was full with just the one cup serving (before I probably would have eaten at least twice that and still wanted more). Yea me! :D

Cooker

Cooker

You are our biggest loser..:D ( in lbs loss):D ..You have loss 21 lbs in 6 weeks......You deserve a fun weekend..I had a fun weekend on the lake..why does food taste so good outside?..The smells of grills going, ect?...Especially, the whiff of bacon, ect. in early mornings...drifting from diffferent campsites....Why most people camp..for the outdoor cookouts...We did one Friday night..and I enjoyed it....Had 2 grandkids yesterday/today..so we did more children friendly food...but, took them to nearby WaffleHouse for breakfast..I ordered the hash-browns with cheese and water. I nibbled on their left-overs.:p ...Now, back home..not really that hungry..:confused: ...Remember ..our active dieters..we are not here to win a prize for lbs most loss in such/such time....but to post our weight-loss once a week..and to give support........:) ..Cooker, your story about your friend that had the stroke...My Hubby's best man at our Wedding (also an Airline pilot)was addicted to running. when he went in for his annual medical checkup. his doctor told him..you are the only person I know..that makes your kind of money..and is malnutrition:eek: ......so addiction to any thing is bad...food, drinks or running..Bonnie

I am with Niki on this -- portion control is my challenge. I think I eat pretty healthy food most of the time.

And I am with Cooker/Bonnie on just enjoying the "fun" food on fun occasions like the State Fair (when food does smell so wonderful being cooked outdoors). How often do most of us go to a state or county fair? For me, it's once a year at most. I enjoy those Polish or Italian sausages grilled in the open air, with lots of peppers and onions. It's not something I eat regularly but it is something to relish on a special occasion (like a major-league baseball game, too). :) :) :)

Despite all the obstacles put in my way today, I managed to exercise for about 20 minutes!

First the thing with the exercise bike happened. Then I decided to try walking the dogs... That was a complete disaster. The big dog (60 lbs) kept pulling on the leash wanting to go faster than me and the little one kept wandering around BEHIND me! Nevermind trying to walk one at a time, they won't let you out the door with just one! As I was dragging them back into the house (not an easy feat, mind you), the phone was ringing. My mom was calling. I ended up talking to her for 45 minutes. But as soon as I got off the phone with her I decided I wasn't going to let another thing get in my way. I turned on some music and started doing laps right there in my living room, circling around the couches over and over (there might be a groove in the carpet now ;) ). I forgot to look at the time when I started, but knowing that each song would be between 2 and 4 minutes long, I decided to walk for at least six songs. Afterwards I added up the times for each song and it came out to 19.5 minutes. Not too bad a guestimate, eh? ;) Now I'm sweaty and gross, but at least I finally got in some exercise. Now that I've gotten active today (instead of sitting around on the couch yet again) I'm feeling motivated to maybe do a little bit of work on the yoga ball... It's amazing how much better you feel after a workout. It's just getting the motivation to get started!

Niki

Niki

Want to rent my 2 Grandkids..:D Ages 4/6 ..I kelp them this weekend in our motorhome..they brought thier little bikes with them..I must have put in 20 miles running behind them..hills, ect. in campground..plus huge playground equipment ..Of course, my age 4 year old grandaughter..(just turned 4) wanted to climb the huge rock wall, ect...things not meant for her age..so I spent lots of time..climbing myself to get her down..:eek: .....so, I am sure..if I ate any fattening food. it is gone..:D Bonnie

Bina

Bina

My energy comes from..after I tuck them in..and they want to cuddle with me..:D their little tired bodies..wanting to feel my bigfat body..for security..:p They both fell asleep in same bed last night..but we played..change the bed at midnight. Kate wanted to sleep with her Papa John..so..I left and got in bed with Drew..who wants to cuddle, too...Both slept like Angels:D ..Grandchildren are so wonderful..if we just could have had them first..before their parents.:eek: ...God's gift to us..for having children first.:) Bonnie

Latest posts

Back