Cooker's Throwdown Friday III -- 4-15

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Okay Throwdowners, today is Tax Day. That means if you regularly weigh carrying your wallets or purses, you should be significantly lighter by midnight! :eek:

As for Superbob, he weighs nekkid -- yes, sans cape and all the other boytoy accessories that so excite the Yo-Yo Queen. :p

And (drum roll please), Superbob is down 1.2 pounds this morning. Since he doesn't usually deal in tenths of a pound, he will bank that .2 toward hoped-for additional progress next week and report for this week ...

A loss of 1 (one) pound!

That is one pound toward the Great Race to the Fourth of July, which started on Saint Paddy's Day. Superbob is back in the running!

For those of you peeking into this zoo-like thread and wondering...this is just a place for those of us seeking to shed a few pounds to report in weekly, and challenge and support each other, and have some fun along the way. It is in its third year. Some of us have kept cumulative totals, but we've started doing sprints this year (the race to St. Patrick's Day (won by, ahem, The Man of Steel); now the Race to July 4) to add a little extra incentive.

But if you join us, you can report in any way you like. Some post their starting and current weights; some post just losses or gains. Whatever works best for you. We hereby extend an invitation to join us.

As for all you committed Throwdowners, you have 24 hours to step on those scales and report or Superbob is coming after you! ;)

Last edited:
Good job Superbob! Yes, we will be lighter today, as well as poorer. I don't usually wait this long to file, but oh well. I'm just that excited about paying a big chunk as we are this year (or at least it's big to us). We will weigh on Saturday morning at our WW meeting, and will report in after that. Don't chase us down tomorrow, all you will find is two tired people eating fish to hopefully enhance their weight loss results the following morning! Good luck to all "Losers." (ALL of you the BIGGEST LOSERS to us).

I have to keep reminding myself that the greatest benefit I'm getting from my new lifestyle is improved health and a better life. Fitting in clothes that I haven't worn in almost two years helps too.

Good job Superbob! Yes, we will be lighter today, as well as poorer. I don't usually wait this long to file, but oh well. I'm just that excited about paying a big chunk as we are this year (or at least it's big to us). We will weigh on Saturday morning at our WW meeting, and will report in after that. Don't chase us down tomorrow, all you will find is two tired people eating fish to hopefully enhance their weight loss results the following morning! Good luck to all "Losers." (ALL of you the BIGGEST LOSERS to us).

I have to keep reminding myself that the greatest benefit I'm getting from my new lifestyle is improved health and a better life. Fitting in clothes that I haven't worn in almost two years helps too.

Yes, of course, Superbob extends an extra 24 hours grace to our Weight Watchers, who are among our most dedicated Throwdowners! :D

Hey Superbob,
the Yo-Yo Queen appreciates the extra excitment your nekkid boytop accessories provide!:):)

Just to prove it, I'll move ahead in the weight loss race . . . . ;) Excitement does a body good!:D

Last week: 156.5
This week: 155
Loss of 1.5 pounds

Hey Superbob,
the Yo-Yo Queen appreciates the extra excitment your nekkid boytop accessories provide!:):)

Just to prove it, I'll move ahead in the weight loss race . . . . ;) Excitement does a body good!:D

Last week: 156.5
This week: 155
Loss of 1.5 pounds

Wow! Ya throw down the gauntlet and look what happens. The Duffster has come out swinging. Good for you M.

Good job everyone! ... it seems tax season has started a downward trend ... I know it did in my bank account but I glad to say that some pounds vanished with the $$$ ... Last week, 196.5 ... this week, 193 ... down 3.5 pounds.... It might just be that all my banana pudding and Big Mac $$$ has gone to the white House ... anyway I will take the loss and join the great race to July 4th ....

Good job everyone! ... it seems tax season has started a downward trend ... I know it did in my bank account but I glad to say that some pounds vanished with the $$$ ... Last week, 196.5 ... this week, 193 ... down 3.5 pounds.... It might just be that all my banana pudding and Big Mac $$$ has gone to the white House ... anyway I will take the loss and join the great race to July 4th ....

Great! We all may be poor, but as you say, at least we can't be going to McDonalds or the local Banana Cabana.

Way to go Chimp! Way to go Yo-Yo Queen (SB is always pleased to excite you. :eek: )

This is "shaping up" to be a great week! Superbob thinks he will take a nice beach walk this afternoon to burn off some more cals.

Unfortunately, Superdawg has started limping after walking a half-mile or so, so may leave her here napping. Can't find a burr in any paw; just seems to start limping after going a certain distance. Debating whether to take her to vet yet, or wait and see if some rest makes it better. Seems to be a front paw she is favoring ( yet can't find any sign of anything bothering it) -- so am hoping it's not the hip that was severely dislocated a few years back. Lord knows, this truly is Superdawg, my personal trainer. Don't know what I would do without her.

To burn more calories, I suggest you carry Superdawg on your beach walk, boy toy. I think Sadie needs to rest her paw. :D
Good going, Chimp! I knew your steely determination would overcome banana pudding tempation.;);)

Congratulations to all the LOSERS!
I'm down about a pound from last week, so doing well on maintenance. Up 3, down 2 up 1, down 3, lather, rinse repeat.
Been really busy at work, so I'm not around much lately. Thank goodness for the work, it means job security, but it's stressful when everything is due yesterday.

I sure hope superpup feels better soon.

Last weekend Jet and I went to the local Labrador Specialty show, where her royal highness finished her novice obedience title with back to back qualifying scores. Pretty near a miracle for this flaky dog, I'll tell you. It meant she had to BEHAVE for 10 minutes at a time, in a strange place!

I'm spending this weekend (finally) putting flowers in the gardens. I guess I'll earn a few WW activity points for that!

Congratulations to all the LOSERS!
I'm down about a pound from last week, so doing well on maintenance. Up 3, down 2 up 1, down 3, lather, rinse repeat.
Been really busy at work, so I'm not around much lately. Thank goodness for the work, it means job security, but it's stressful when everything is due yesterday.

I sure hope superpup feels better soon.

Last weekend Jet and I went to the local Labrador Specialty show, where her royal highness finished her novice obedience title with back to back qualifying scores. Pretty near a miracle for this flaky dog, I'll tell you. It meant she had to BEHAVE for 10 minutes at a time, in a strange place!

I'm spending this weekend (finally) putting flowers in the gardens. I guess I'll earn a few WW activity points for that!

Yay Laurie -- great report! And great also about Jet qualifying. I can't get Sadie to settle down for even one minute when she's in the vet's office, or in the presence of a visitor, so I am in awe. (Her paw seems to be better -- thinking maybe it's a little sore from stepping on a rock or something.)

You're going to have to dye your hair blond and wear a leash.

OMG - I laughed so hard on this one I nearly spit out my red wine! TXwildflower reporting in from Philadelphia. I haven't had as good a week as everyone else. Y'all are showing me up big time! I weighed before I left Austin Thurs. am and I was up 1pound. Congratulations to you all though. . Chimpmeister, I'm glad you have been rewarded and are back on track.

I'm in the middle of happy hour now - but with fairly healthy snacks... baked chips and reduced fat cheese with wheat thins, etc. Really nice to visit with old friends that I hadn't seen in awhile. Before I leave though, I have to have a Philly cheesesteak sandwich don't I? I mean having never had the real deal before and all.

Good job everyone (except me) but I"ll do better. I promise!!

Latest posts

Back