Cooker's Throwdown Friday II . . . 6-5-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like everyone is doing pretty good!! Wise, T-Bone, TheRef, Eva, Karlynn .....

SuperBob, you are exempt from Ref harassment and I?m confused, I did not think there would be any problem getting weighed at the beach:confused::D

I'm not harassing SB; I'm harassing his scales!;):p

Looks like everyone is doing pretty good!! Wise, T-Bone, TheRef, Eva, Karlynn .....

SuperBob, you are exempt from Ref harassment and I?m confused, I did not think there would be any problem getting weighed at the beach:confused::D

No problem getting laid at the beach (I'm told) but getting weighed is something else. :p

Okay, Ref and simian lardmaster, there really is something wrong with these cheap scales I bought. Now they flash numbers but give me a final reading that appears to be in Sanskrit or something. I fear my grandkids did something bizarre to them, as they are wont to do, such as pounding blocks on them or seeing if this little boat-looking thingie would float in the tub along with the rubber duckies.:D

Until I sell my former residence, I really don't have the money to blow on fancy scales, so I will see tomorrow if the community workout room has some sort of doctor's-type scales. Of course, if they are doctor's-type scales, I automatically get to deduct 10 pounds from whatever the reading is. :p

SB - I really like my Weight Watchers scales. They have several price points. They were recommended to me by the good people of the Throw-down and I don't believe were compensated for the referral. ;)

The Chimp should share his scales with you, SB. ;)What's a 100 mile trip between Throwdowners?:confused::p

OKay, Superbob has gone out and bought himself a Gin-YOU-WINE Weight Watchers set of scales. So he will weigh in this week, lest any of you ThrowDowners were doubting the SuperHero's valor. :D

SB is pleased as punch to have discovered an elixir even more powerful than the Chimp's PJ concoction that is banned by the Ref. Trips to the farmers' market have yielded copious quantities of okra, which, when cooked up and consumed voraciously, yields even more complete cleansing results than the Chimp's PJ or three-alarm chili. :eek::)

Surely The Ref would not try to ban a Southern delicacy like okra, would she? :D:D

OKay, Superbob has gone out and bought himself a Gin-YOU-WINE Weight Watchers set of scales. So he will weigh in this week, lest any of you ThrowDowners were doubting the SuperHero's valor. :D

SB is pleased as punch to have discovered an elixir even more powerful than the Chimp's PJ concoction that is banned by the Ref. Trips to the farmers' market have yielded copious quantities of okra, which, when cooked up and consumed voraciously, yields even more complete cleansing results than the Chimp's PJ or three-alarm chili. :eek::)

Surely The Ref would not try to ban a Southern delicacy like okra, would she? :D:D

Nope, she wouldn't.;) The Ref LOVES okra!:):)

Nope, she wouldn't.;) The Ref LOVES okra!:):)

So okra is hereby declared the Official Veggie of Cooker's Throwdown! :) Mr. Chimp, I hope you're okay with that -- or do you consider bananas a vegetable? :p

I swear Superbob has the darnedest time with scales. Brought the WW scales home from Target and lo and behold it didn't have the batteries it was advertised to have, and furthermore the enclosed instructions were for a different kind of scale. SB figures someone may have hiked the lithium battery and switched boxes.

Anyway, SB promply took it back and got a Taylor "Biggest Loser" scale with a DVD from the TV show and complete with Lithium battery. It can weigh up to 400 pounds so that should cover SB unless he continues his beach-eating binge (not that he is eating beaches; you know what SB means :p) == so keep your fingers crossed, maybe SB has some scales that will last a while. Sorry, Karlynn that the WW scales did not work out.

I never liked okra as a kid, but I love it now, especially when I sautee some minced garlic, add to the galic fresh cut cilantro and sauteer together well, then add them to the okra with some tomato juice and let boil for 2 minutes and add lemon juice at the very end....delicious!

LMAO:D .... there is only one veggie TheChimp can not abide, okra ... but it sounds like a veto would not be wise .... so eat your pods of slime and I will stay with PJ banned or not .... would not be the first time I came in contact with a banned substance ... at least PJ is legal in all states:cool:

LMAO:D .... there is only one veggie TheChimp can not abide, okra ... but it sounds like a veto would not be wise .... so eat your pods of slime and I will stay with PJ banned or not .... would not be the first time I came in contact with a banned substance ... at least PJ is legal in all states:cool:

Pods of slime, eh? In other words, okra is very much like oysters (don't tell SB The Chimp doesn't like those!) --- you eat both to not only LIVE longer but LOVE longer! :D:p;)

Pods of slime, eh? In other words, okra is very much like oysters (don't tell SB The Chimp doesn't like those!) --- you eat both to not only LIVE longer but LOVE longer! :D:p;)

Yes, I love oysters and they have been given aphrodeasiac properties .... I guess okra could be used as a love lubricant.... nah, still dosn?t work for me ... it ain?t the slime, it's the taste....;)

I never liked okra as a kid, but I love it now, especially when I sautee some minced garlic, add to the galic fresh cut cilantro and sauteer together well, then add them to the okra with some tomato juice and let boil for 2 minutes and add lemon juice at the very end....delicious!

Whats with all these foods Eva,you sound hungry! Don't starve yourself
it doesnt help as much as it used to when we were 20:). Glad to hear you
are exercising,I was too and then I had an SVT on Friday,so since then
I have been a little shy with the exercising..and I was doing so well too.....
..Gosh-dern arrhythmias! Also hard to exercise on metoprolol. Oh well I
don't think I gained anything yet but I'm not weighing cuz if I did I don't
think I could take it.
My best to everyone-Dina

Cooker -re the the okra KY,I think Aloe plant juice would be great,if not
a little caustic-- ouch

Whats with all these foods Eva,you sound hungry! Don't starve yourself
it doesnt help as much as it used to when we were 20:). Glad to hear you
are exercising,I was too and then I had an SVT on Friday,so since then
I have been a little shy with the exercising..and I was doing so well too.....
..Gosh-dern arrhythmias! Also hard to exercise on metoprolol. Oh well I
don't think I gained anything yet but I'm not weighing cuz if I did I don't
think I could take it.
My best to everyone-Dina

Cooker -re the the okra KY,I think Aloe plant juice would be great,if not
a little caustic-- ouch

Dina,

My GP recommended Metoprolol as I complained about my high pulse which made me feel tired while doing nothing. Since I startd taking 2.5 mg in the mornings, I became more able to exercise. I joined WW also and

I am 2.2 lbs less!!!!
The thing about Okra was only a suggestion how to add flavor to it for those who do not like it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Back