Cooker’s ThrowDown Friday III ... 12-11-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diet smiet:p ... TheChimp continues to binge on Christmas delites ... two parties tomorrow:D

I know what you mean. We attended a Christmas play, ate out before the play, then they had an intermission during the play and served everyone snacks. We were still full, but ate some anyway. Then we stopped for hot drinks at Starbucks on the way home. I feel like I ate nonstop.

I know what you mean. We attended a Christmas play, ate out before the play, then they had an intermission during the play and served everyone snacks. We were still full, but ate some anyway. Then we stopped for hot drinks at Starbucks on the way home. I feel like I ate nonstop.

Ain't it wonderful:D

Superbob hasn't really gotten into the Christmas eating yet. Doesn't crave the holiday goodies. Would rather have grilled salmon and snow peas. What is wrong with the superduper one? Maybe one of his meds is an appetite supressant. Never thought he would be swallowing 9 pills a day. Tried to dispense with the brand-name one that is horribly expensive. (Not a heart-related one.) No soap. Felt lousy. Now taking it again. Maybe it addresses the appetite for sweet things.

Superbob hasn't really gotten into the Christmas eating yet. Doesn't crave the holiday goodies. Would rather have grilled salmon and snow peas. What is wrong with the superduper one? Maybe one of his meds is an appetite supressant. Never thought he would be swallowing 9 pills a day. Tried to dispense with the brand-name one that is horribly expensive. (Not a heart-related one.) No soap. Felt lousy. Now taking it again. Maybe it addresses the appetite for sweet things.

Send me some!;):p:p

Just finished my company Christmas party ... prime rib, shrimp, chicken, macaroni and cheese, mash potatoes and gravy, green beans (none for me), vegetable medley (none for me), key lime pie and cheese cake:D ... time for a snooze before heading to the choir party tonight:D ... it’s a sacrifice but someone has to do it....:p

..if you lived in France you would have a proper excuse as tonight I have to endure a typical simple french meal
As a daughter and sibling of Parisians,I am well acquainted with French dining customs and am continually amazed ..esp since the average French citizen weighs much less than the average American. We must be doing something wrong...?

Looks like to me a Throwdown that's become Chow Town. :)

Amen to that resident Superhero! No worries, they will pay for their sins come the first of January. I've tasted just bites here and there, but so far remain under control. I'm kind of with SuperBob that some of the really sweet stuff doesn't appeal to me that much - but salty and crunchy are my favs.

I made three batches of eggnog today with no sampling. Hope it tastes good. After a few swigs they'll be too loaded to care anyway! :D
How do you think I keep my whole family so merry over the holidays? Then I raked the yard - so that was some exercise for sure. I can tell that my stenosis has indeed gotten a little worse - that really took it out of me. I had to stop and rest a few times.

I was going to make Peanut Brittle but I was too tired. Tomorrow is another day... I hope it came out good for you Mary. It tastes the same as regular peanut brittle but I think it is a little bit more fluffy and not quite as hard on the teeth.

Everyone enjoying the feeding frenzy, don't forget what goes on will have to come off again!!! I am worried about losing control on vacation and undoing some of the good I've done. In St Lucia I'll have a kitchen for most of my stay so plan to try and keep it healthy (and cheaper - food there is crazy expensive) , but who can resist those high calorie umbrella drinks on the beach?? :eek:

Later gators,

Rhena

Update on my hubby (Tom)

As a result of spending Saturday and early Sunday in the ER, the MRI's of his head, neck, and spine were completed as part of his diagnostic work-up on an emergency basis. The neurologist called a few minutes ago and reported that there were no tumors but his spinal cord is being severely compromised in the cervical spine as well as an area in the lower spine. We are awaiting a call from the neurosurgeon as to when we can see him. The neurologist said it should be decompressed within days rather than weeks. It is serious but hopefully fixable. He has lost the ability to walk without a walker and that is with a lot of effort. We are hopeful that that will improve. Thank-you all for your prayers. They are so appreciated.

Update on my hubby (Tom)

As a result of spending Saturday and early Sunday in the ER, the MRI's of his head, neck, and spine were completed as part of his diagnostic work-up on an emergency basis. The neurologist called a few minutes ago and reported that there were no tumors but his spinal cord is being severely compromised in the cervical spine as well as an area in the lower spine. We are awaiting a call from the neurosurgeon as to when we can see him. The neurologist said it should be decompressed within days rather than weeks. It is serious but hopefully fixable. He has lost the ability to walk without a walker and that is with a lot of effort. We are hopeful that that will improve. Thank-you all for your prayers. They are so appreciated.

Glad that they seem to be making a sound diagnosis and a plan for improvement, Betty. Is that anything like spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)? I have that in the lumbar region -- hoping with stretching exercises and losing weight (thank you, Cooker) to make it better without surgery. Some walks are a real struggle; using a walking stick helps. All best to Tom!

Just finished my company Christmas party ... prime rib, shrimp, chicken, macaroni and cheese, mash potatoes and gravy, green beans (none for me), vegetable medley (none for me), key lime pie and cheese cake:D ... time for a snooze before heading to the choir party tonight:D ... it’s a sacrifice but someone has to do it....:p

Did The Chimp eat the partridge in a pear tree, too? Or, should I say, the partridge AND the pear tree? :p:p:p

Latest posts

Back