Cooker’s ThrowDown Friday III ... 12-11-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad that they seem to be making a sound diagnosis and a plan for improvement, Betty. Is that anything like spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)? I have that in the lumbar region -- hoping with stretching exercises and losing weight (thank you, Cooker) to make it better without surgery. Some walks are a real struggle; using a walking stick helps. All best to Tom!

Bob, spinal stenosis when it gets severe can cause this. I hope your stretching exercises help. I had it in my neck which was fixed a couple of years ago by the fusion but all my symptoms were in my arm. His is causing problems in his lower body too. I think I may have a hubby that is new and improved before the New Year!

Bob, spinal stenosis when it gets severe can cause this. I hope your stretching exercises help. I had it in my neck which was fixed a couple of years ago by the fusion but all my symptoms were in my arm. His is causing problems in his lower body too. I think I may have a hubby that is new and improved before the New Year!

Well, I hope and pray so, Betty! I know my DW would appreciate a "new and improved hubby," too. :):)

Betty, we'll prayer for your new and improved hubby for the new year. Certainly hope this is resolved soon so that he can feel much better and have more ease of mobility.

I suppose this article from the Cleveland Clinic about minimizing holiday weight gain falls into the category of suggesting the obvious -- especially to the hardened Battle of the Bulge warriors here on the ThrowDown --but I often find such reminders useful to me (though I am no model of food abstinence), so maybe others will, too. :):):)

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart...=email&utm_source=hvi0912&utm_content=feature

I suppose this article from the Cleveland Clinic about minimizing holiday weight gain falls into the category of suggesting the obvious -- especially to the hardened Battle of the Bulge warriors here on the ThrowDown --but I often find such reminders useful to me (though I am no model of food abstinence), so maybe others will, too. :):):)

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart...=email&utm_source=hvi0912&utm_content=feature

I always have had difficulty following tip #3.:p:p:p

1. Get moving
Use small plates so you have to make more trips to the buffet table

2. Aim for seven-a-day
Pecan Pie, Peach Cobbler, Apple Pie, Banana Pudding, Blue Berry Cheese Cake, Pumpkin Pie and Apple sauce Cake

3. Control the risk for temptation
Eat what you want and you will not be tempted

4. Limit to one-a-day
24 Hours of Eating

5. Always plan ahead – Always take extra food with you just in case the host under estimates the amount of food needed

6. Be in charge of your party choices:
Correct. Eat what the hell you want.

7. Say No Politely
This is not an option. Never take the chance of hurting a host feelings
during the holiday season

8. Focus on socializing
Eating contests are great ways to make new friends and break the ice

:D:p:D

1. Get moving
Use small plates so you have to make more trips to the buffet table

2. Aim for seven-a-day
Pecan Pie, Peach Cobbler, Apple Pie, Banana Pudding, Blue Berry Cheese Cake, Pumpkin Pie and Apple sauce Cake

3. Control the risk for temptation
Eat what you want and you will not be tempted

4. Limit to one-a-day
24 Hours of Eating

5. Always plan ahead – Always take extra food with you just in case the host under estimates the amount of food needed

6. Be in charge of your party choices:
Correct. Eat what the hell you want.

7. Say No Politely
This is not an option. Never take the chance of hurting a host feelings
during the holiday season

8. Focus on socializing
Eating contests are great ways to make new friends and break the ice

:D:p:D

I think if we still had that tough lady "Ref," she would have filed Articles of Impeachment in response to the above. :p

Well SB, wish I'd read this before my weight loss class or I would have shared with them. I 'll do that next week. I am a hardened warrior for sure, but there were a few suggestions on here that I hadn't heard before and as well all know some of them are easier said than done, but I thought the article was chock full of good ideas! Mr Chimpman you're interpretation was highly amusing. You are still going to have to pay the piper come New Year's so I hope it is worth it. I know! I'm such a naggy party pooper.:p I just worked so hard I don't want to undo too much.

Now Mary - adding more corn syrupto the peanut brittle - what a brilliant idea! :rolleyes: It's just a bunch of melted /browned sugar after all.

Betty certainly sending good vibes to you and Tom. I'm glad that while still serious they have a fix. We are all going to be new and improved come St.. Pat's day. The symptoms sounds somewhat familiar to something my father went through and he was good as new too in no time. It is scary stuff.

Ok - everyone be making merry now!

Rhena

As many of you know the ex-ref had banned prune juice as a purging agent ... I am happy to report that consuming a box of Nabisco Nilla Wafers has the same purging power, if not more......:p

As many of you know the ex-ref had banned prune juice as a purging agent ... I am happy to report that consuming a box of Nabisco Nilla Wafers has the same purging power, if not more......:p

Are the nilla wafers plain or do they purge best when consumed with banana pudding? ;)

As a daughter and sibling of Parisians,I am well acquainted with French dining customs and am continually amazed ..esp since the average French citizen weighs much less than the average American. We must be doing something wrong...?

They go to bed very early around 10pm
so maybe they exercise more than us
wink wink nod nod

Latest posts

Back