Cooker’s ThrowDown Friday III ... 12-11-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
The eating rampage continues:eek: ... I have gained four pounds in a week and it comes as no surprise ... I could relate all of the Christmas goodies I have consumed this week but I fear disk space will not allow it:rolleyes: ... I hope to remain under 200 between now and 1-1-2010 ... that will be a miracle in itself ... My company party is this week, DW’s and a church party (three churches meeting together with all the dear ladies trying to outdo each other with traditional deep south delicacies) next week and these are just the pitfalls I am aware of, many are lurking and ready to pounce pounds on TheChimp ... I fear instead of a Holly Jolly Christmas it is shaping up to be a Rolie-Polie Christmas ... Not whining, just dining:p ... peace out:cool:

Starting weight..........233
Last Week ..................190.5
This week.....................194.5
Total Loss ....................38.5

You have an exemplary attitude in the face of ADDversity! ;) That was actually meant as a positive statement. I mean, if you're going to eat, then you might as well enjoy it!

Cindy (not Wise) says, "Have you ever tried m-o-d-e-r-a-t-i-o-n?" ;)

Seriously, I wager a bet that The Chimp will stay below 200. He's used to swingin', just swings on a yo-yo sometimes (as we all can do). ;)

You have an exemplary attitude in the face of ADDversity! ;) That was actually meant as a positive statement. I mean, if you're going to eat, then you might as well enjoy it!

Seriously, I wager a bet that The Chimp will stay below 200. He's used to swingin', just swings on a yo-yo sometimes (as we all can do). ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence:) ... Tell Cindy the only habit I don’t have is self control:eek:;)

Good attitude, Cooker.:)

My weight looked like it was down yesterday morning, so I will weigh in either later today or tomorrow.

I've practiced moderation this week, but it will go out the window as soon as I start baking. :p:pI've got an eggnog cake and a Tennessee whiskey cake to try, along with half a dozen new cookie recipes.:eek:

Can't wait!;);)

Good attitude, Cooker.:)

My weight looked like it was down yesterday morning, so I will weigh in either later today or tomorrow.

I've practiced moderation this week, but it will go out the window as soon as I start baking. :p:pI've got an eggnog cake and a Tennessee whiskey cake to try, along with half a dozen new cookie recipes.:eek:

Can't wait!;);)

Sherry was talking about trying to sub eggnog for butter milk in a pound cake:) ... send me the recipe for your eggnog cake, pleeeeeezzzzz!:eek:

Okay, Duffey, I want the Eggnog Cake and Tennessee Whiskey Cake recipes!!! I have never heard of either. Anyone who knows me would tell you I don't ever drink whiskey, but I love me some cakes and desserts with it!

The pound cake with eggnog sounds yummy!

Okay, by walking Superdawg long walks on a deserted beach on both cold and balmy days, and by re-starting his exercises to strengthen his back, Superbob has lost 2 pounds this week. Is 4 away from meeting his goal for 2009.

IN danger, though, of gaining weight just from reading about those Christmas confections. Tennessee whiskey cake, holy-moly, roly-poly! Why not just drink the Jack Daniels? :p

Okay, by walking Superdawg long walks on a deserted beach on both cold and balmy days, and by re-starting his exercises to strengthen his back, Superbob has lost 2 pounds this week. Is 4 away from meeting his goal for 2009.

IN danger, though, of gaining weight just from reading about those Christmas confections. Tennessee whiskey cake, holy-moly, roly-poly! Why not just drink the Jack Daniels? :p

Here's the story on the Jack Daniels . . . I don't drink, so wrote Jack Daniels on my grocery list. Hubby glanced at the list and said, Why do you need Jack Daniels?:confused: I said, I need it for the cake I'm baking. Hubby says, Cross it off the list. I've got a bottle hidden in the closet!:p:p:p

I hasten to add that he's not a "closet" drinker, but has learned, with five kids, that if it's left out, someone besides him will drink it!:rolleyes:;)

Wise, I'm really starting to appreciate your sense of humor. You've come up with some really good quips lately!

I'm enjoying this festive thread, but what about recipes???? :D:D

Picky, picky, picky!:p

I had to go to the store and buy the ingredients, so the recipes will have to wait until I get the groceries put up!:p:p

(Superbob will probably saunter through the thread and say, Well, get off the computer and put the groceries up!;):p)

Here we go

Here we go

Eggnog spice bundt cake

1 (181/4-ounce) box spice cake mix
1 (4-serving) box instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup light eggnog (forget the light!;))
1 egg
3 egg whites
1 1/3 cups toasted chopped pecans
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray.
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, oil, eggnog, egg, and egg whites in a large bowl. Mix until creamy.
Stire in pecans. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with powdered sugar.
280 calories, 14g fat, 20 mg chol. 34g carbs, 2 g fiber 330 mg sodium

Actually this one sounds pretty benign as far as wrecking diets ago.:)

Yummers!

Yummers!

Tennessee whisky cake

(You can substitute 3 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract for the whiskey) party poopers:mad:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup 2% reduced fat milk
1/2 cup sorghum or molasses
1/4 cup Tennessee whiskey such as Jack Daniel's or George Dickel

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat butter using a mixer at medium speed; gradually add sugars and beat until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Add to egg mixture, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Stop mix and add sorghum. Restart mixer and slowly add whisky. Mix until smooth, about 30 seconds. (Batter will be thin.)
4. Pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean Serve warm with Sorghum frozen yogurt.
per serving: 320 calories, 14 g fat, 43g carbs., 260 mg sodium

Sorghum frozen yogurt

4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sorghum
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Makes about 5 cups.
Per (1/2-cup) serving: 130 calories, 25g carbs., 75 mg sodium

We use to have an icecream maker, but no longer do. I wonder if this could be frozen in a cake pan and then scooped onto the cake?
Thoughts?
The cake by itself would only be 320 calories, but if you add the yogurt, it increases to 450 calories per serving. Will that work for you, Bina?;):p

Eggnog, Shmeggnog......where's the BOOZE ??

Exactly!! When I first read your post I was thinking of a kitchen full of friends
enjoying wine (or Bourbon) and trying to bake Christmas cookies.Then,Cooker
comes up with a totally different skew--I guess I'm just a hedonist(or is that a purist?):)

BTW-I have kept my 8 lbs off and can even fit into a smaller size-YAY!
I just hope I can keep it up(or down rather).

Blessings to all-Dina

Wise, I'm really starting to appreciate your sense of humor. You've come up with some really good quips lately!

Thanks Betty! You know, when a problem comes along you must quip it.

(That probably undid any good you previously thought. These are kinds of "jokes" my wife hears all the time and doesn't usually laugh at :eek::cool:;))

Back