Cooker’s ThrowDown Friday III ... 10-2-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greeting losers:D .... I’m up 2 pounds but I am on vacation and I’ll take that any day ... I hope everyone has had a good week!! ... We have new members so lets make them welcome!!:) ... I have tried to watch what I have been eating this week but I have also been playing a lot of golf and that means hotdogs, chips etc. and I see some pancakes and fudge coming my way in the near future... One day, one pound at a time .... slow and steady, slow and steady...

peace out.....:cool:

Starting weight..........233
Last Week ..................191
This week.....................193
Total Loss ....................40

I will weigh tomorrow morning, Mr. Chimp. Two pounds up on vacation is a loss-equivalent. As for me, I have finally been making a little progress on teaching myself that just because I live in the Grand Strand it doesn't mean I can eat like I am on vacation every day.:rolleyes: I peeked at the scales a few days ago and it looked fairly good.

Today is day 1 on WW and curves is becoming a habit. It is a little too early to say I've noticed a difference.

There are an awful lot of doctor appointments scheduled in the next few weeks for both my husband and myself. His are of a more serious nature than mine. It is amazing how the importance of some things change when something else comes up! Especially when it threatens someone you love dearly. I'm only hiding this in this thread because I would appreciate your prayers for him but he's not one for sharing personal things. I hope you guys don't mind. It is suspected he may have cancer in his GU system...possibly kidney. There are more tests scheduled and it will be another week before some cytology reports are finished. Please don't post a response to this but if you are inclined, say a prayer. I hope to soon report that this was just a false alarm.

Okay Mr. Chimpster the Lardmeister, Superbob is now 2 pounds from his loss goal for 2009. Rather than reporting each week from now on (1 up, 2 down, 2 up, 3 down etc), Superbob may go monthly, and make a grand report just before Christmas. But he will be around to chip in observations about Children of the Corndog and such. :D

I read that apple cider vinegar (a couple of teaspoons per day) helps to get rid of bell fat. I started drinking it a few days ago before lunch and dinner. I realize it's a serious long shot, but what the heck. It's only vinegar...has anyone else tried it?

Dianne (NJ) -new member

Dianne,
I've read that drinking a glass of vinegar will help with weight loss, but I can't say that I've tried it myself. I hope you let us know if you see any results.
Superbob, it's great that you're almost to your goal. Congratulations.:)
As for myself, for sometime I have kept track of my weight only to watch for weight gain that might be fluid retention. I guess I will start paying better attention!:eek:
Today's weight was 152.6, followed by a second reading of 153.1 :mad:
I'm not sure which one is correct, but probably the second one.:p
I won't be able to weigh in next Friday, but I intend to have a loss by the following Friday.;)

I read that apple cider vinegar (a couple of teaspoons per day) helps to get rid of bell fat. I started drinking it a few days ago before lunch and dinner. I realize it's a serious long shot, but what the heck. It's only vinegar...has anyone else tried it?

Dianne (NJ) -new member

Dianne, I never tried the vinegar myself as I have acid reflux, but my friend uses this on and off and it works for her and it heals her allergies too! She drinks it first thing in the morning mixed with hot water and 1t. honey.

I shall report my wt loss on Saturday. I expect it will be a loss of the 2 lbs the Chimp gained:D :D

Until I report my weight loss, here is a video for a good 'throwdown dance' :D

http://vodpod.com/watch/2151462-surprise-your-man

Last edited:
Acv

Acv

Eva, When you have time look in www.earthclinic.com and see how many people take apple cider vinegar (ACV) FOR acid reflux. I stopped taking Nexium when our health insurance stopped paying for it and this has worked for me. I use a little Stevia sweetner in it and it's like drinking lemonade. Talked with a gal who heard of this and tried it straight without diluting it with water and she thought she was going to die!

Dianne, I never tried the vinegar myself as I have acid reflux, but my friend uses this on and off and it works for her and it heals her allergies too! She drinks it first thing in the morning mixed with hot water and 1t. honey.

I shall report my wt loss on Saturday. I expect it will be a loss of the 2 lbs the Chimp gained:D :D

Until I report my weight loss, here is a video for a good 'throwdown dance' :D

http://vodpod.com/watch/2151462-surprise-your-man

LOL -- pole dancing -- the official dance of Cooker's Throwdown. Approved by The Chimp himself, I bet. :D

I don't even want to show you guys what I was sent in an email the other
day....A HUGE man dancing in a lewd manner with nothing but tent - sized
satin boxers on !! He was also dancing to house music..not my favorite.
Anyway if I posted it ,a new forum would be needed - The "Throw-Up Forum".
It does help one to put one's diet in perspective though.

I haven't weighed yet, I am going to wait until next week. I have been
sticking to my diet,I am even measuring and weighing my portions now,
so I hope to be down several pounds by my birthday next month.

Congrats to SB - 2 lbs awawy from goal...that is great!
Sorry to hear about the slight gain from Cooker and Wise- changing gears
back into the dieting frame of mind can be a challenge, one that I know
you guys will overcome.

Good luck to everyone - Dina

That video made me LOL! I'm going to e-mail it to my hubby. He was teasing me about some things I told him about curves. Can you believe he said I was striving for mediocrity which was a fine goal from where I was starting. The banter was all in good fun but my goals are not super high.

Hi all! Reporting in later than usual this week. I've been to day one of The Austin City Limits Music Festival. I weighed before the leaving for the festival (thank God!) The Steak/Frite sandwich (Thinly slice steak with a garlicky mayonnaise like sauce topped with parmesan frites (i.e french fries), on baguette type bread) was awesome!!! It is being absorbed by my thighs as I write this I am sure. I will surely pay for my fun. It is the only thing I ate there though, which I thought of as a real accomplishment for me. There was a time not long ago when I would have indulged in a lot more of the good stuff they have to offer. Food is really wonderful there. I had a little wine too - We shall see if it catches up with me next week.

Chimpman - sorry you are up but I have no doubt that you will get it back off just as quickly. Good for you Dina for sticking to it. I'll bet you get rewarded at the scales when you weigh in. SuperBob - you are obviously super if you are that close to your goal. Don't run away too far though. Us lowly mortals need a little super saving every now and then. BVDR even mediocrity is better than nothin'!! Don't let your husband pick on you.

I was on a diet that required 2 tsps of vinegar and 4 tsps of olive oil dailyl I lost on it for sure, but it was very restictive in carbs and even small amts of lean protein and obviously high in fats - but good fats only. Maybe there is something to this vinegar thing.

The pole video I had seen before - what a hoot. I too wasn't sure if it was for real of a set-up so thanks for solving that burning question for me Bina/Eva. Please don't make me learn that dance for the throwdown!:eek:

Oh - almost forgot my numbers this week. I'm down 1.8 lbs for a total of 16. At least I was down that amt for 5 minutes before hitting the festival. If slow and steady wins the race then the rest of y'all can just give it up, because I got you beat.

Everybody hang in there! Looking for a few more people who haven't 'shared' with us yet. Kiwi Girl - I hope you come back!

Good luck next week everyone! (I'm going to need it.)

Rhena

I am up 2 lbs. :( But DH is OFF that stinking low residue diet, so veggies are back on the menu!!! Woohoo!!!!

Also, we talked last night about the need to reduce our portions (not to mention how much we make) and start working towards being healthier so we can be here to watch our kids grow up. Nathan's surgery may be on Monday (won't know for sure until Monday morning), so it's probably not going to start right away, but we are ready to make an effort.

Good luck to everyone for the week ahead!!!!!

Eva, When you have time look in www.earthclinic.com and see how many people take apple cider vinegar (ACV) FOR acid reflux. I stopped taking Nexium when our health insurance stopped paying for it and this has worked for me. I use a little Stevia sweetner in it and it's like drinking lemonade. Talked with a gal who heard of this and tried it straight without diluting it with water and she thought she was going to die!

Thanks you, Barb, for the link. I bookmarked it and will definitely look at it and will go and try your advice.

Good THREE LBS I threw down!! Horay. At last I got rid of the fifth lb I was stuck at. So, total loss is 6 lbs
:)

Back