Celebrated the first birthday of my bovine valve yesterday!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale 1

I happily spent yesterday celebrating my one year anniversary of surgery -- a Bentall procedure in which my aortic valve was replaced, as well as my aortic root and ascending aorta. The first few months post-surgery were rough, but I'm now feeling really great, and working out and losing weight. On my last cardio visit, he pronounced me "normal." I told him I'd always wondered what that felt like. Now I guess I know!

Hi Dale,

Congratulations, that is just terrific! Good to hear you have fully recovered and are getting on with the business of life!

Take care

That's a great post!!! Congrats on how well you are feeling now. Fantastic!

Happy First Valversary!

Marguerite

Congradulations on your 1 year anniversary. When I had my bovine vallve, my wife and I would waive to all the relatives of mine out in the field when we drove by a herd. Kind of silly though I don't feel the same these days when driving by the junk yard.

Thanks to everyone for these great comments! I appreciate it. And I do eat steak now, although it felt a little weird at first -- the idea of eating a relative didn't appeal to me. I don't eat much meat, though -- I'll bet you all know why! Wanna keep that heart healthy!

My mom sent me a birthday card with cows all over it. She was afraid I might be offended, but I loved it!

One of my best friends gave me a stuffed cow four days after my op!! I expect many more cow-themed things to appear . . . :)

I appreciate cows a lot now, not only is one keeping me alive, but they are also delicious. Heheheh.

Latest posts

Back