Can I have cheese with my whine?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

Well here we go again.

Lyn got notice that a 3rd lay off is happening next Wednesday. 15 more people to be let go. Supposedly, she's safe from this one also. Problem comes next month. Instead of the annual 2 week shutdown, it's going to be a 3 week shutdown beginning June 15th. Her and I both know full well that most of the people already laid off are not going to be getting called back and frankly, we're worrying that they may close the place for much more then 3 weeks, but don't have the balls to say so right now. They'll wait until it's closed, then announce it.

No matter how you dice it, she's getting laid off. The question is, for how long.

When I think about the pressures that all of us have, whether it's economic, surgical, or some other unforseen event. I can only shake my head and ask how much more are we all to take? I don't see any end to this madness in the economy.

Oh well, at least we aren't alone is this particular struggle.

Ross,

So sorry to hear this news of Lyn's job. I know you were expecting something was going to happen but this doesn't make the news easier or any less of a worry for you both. I have no idea why life keeps delivering you lemons when from my knowledge of you, you deserve so much better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that somewhere, somehow, there is a brighter horizon in your future.

Jeanne

Well here we go again.

Lyn got notice that a 3rd lay off is happening next Wednesday. 15 more people to be let go. Supposedly, she's safe from this one also. Problem comes next month. Instead of the annual 2 week shutdown, it's going to be a 3 week shutdown beginning June 15th. Her and I both know full well that most of the people already laid off are not going to be getting called back and frankly, we're worrying that they may close the place for much more then 3 weeks, but don't have the balls to say so right now. They'll wait until it's closed, then announce it.

No matter how you dice it, she's getting laid off. The question is, for how long.

When I think about the pressures that all of us have, whether it's economic, surgical, or some other unforseen event. I can only shake my head and ask how much more are we all to take? I don't see any end to this madness in the economy.

Oh well, at least we aren't alone is this particular struggle.

Ross, sorry to read this. So many people are going through hardships now, I know we are too, if it was not for God I would have gone crazy a long time ago, but I know with God's grace we will make it through! Keep the faith though! Below is one of my favorite verses, I say it everyday.

1 Peter 5:6-11
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

My dear Ross,

You know you are all in my prayers. I hope things don't get too much uglier. I know what you are going through but that doesn't always help.

Ross,

So sorry to hear this news of Lyn's job. I know you were expecting something was going to happen but this doesn't make the news easier or any less of a worry for you both. I have no idea why life keeps delivering you lemons when from my knowledge of you, you deserve so much better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that somewhere, somehow, there is a brighter horizon in your future.

Jeanne

I make some of the best Lemonade! :D Gots lots of lemons here.

I'm disappointed, no one brought any Brie or Swiss or Asiago or any other cheese! :D

What the heck, bring some crackers too. I really must teach you earthlings how to eat.

Ross,

I don't know what to say, except I am very sorry to hear of this and pray that something positive will turn around for you and Lynn.

Sounds like 'blue' cheese is in order to go with this news.

Sorry to read this Ross........continued stress like not enough already.
Dales last one left and possible layoff with the oil tanks
he welds,so far all good but we lose our health coverage
if he gets a pink slip and i can't see paying over 800.00 for
medications (again) been there done that but,keeping you
and Lynn in still continued prayers.
It always works out some how,even with all our creeping wasted worry
Seems to be happening everywhere too much .:rolleyes:

zipper2 (DEB)

Ross as expressed before, I am sorry to hear this bad news. If there is anything I can do just let me know.

Ross,
Sorry to hear about Lyns job. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for what to do next. My hubby has been off since April 9th so we've had our crunch to, hopfully and prayfully things will pick up soon on the R/R too so he can get back to work, don't know how long we can keep holding out. :eek: I just keep trusting God that he will provide one way or another. No cheese,crackers or whine here have to save the money. :D
Keep us updated if you can and hang in there buddy!!! :)

1/2 of a medium onion chopped and sautéed in 1 tablespoon butter. Set them aside when done.

Add a 1/4 cup or 1/2 a stick of butter or margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat.

Whisk in a 1/4 cup of flour and continue stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes.

Add 2 cups half and half. Bring the temp back up, then add 2 cups of chicken stock and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.

Take a bunch of broccoli, chop up and add it to the liquid along with the onions. I used 3 stocks of broccoli heads.

Add a 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg and mix it up good and let sit on low heat for 35 minutes.

Salt and Pepper to taste, then either eat it or let it cool and refrigerate it.

If you want the cheese too, Add 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar or grated, whatever cheese you like and stir it up good.

Ross, I like your style.....when life hands you lemons......make broccoli cheese soup. ;) :)
Sounds like a great recipe.
And I'm crossing my fingers that Lyn will have a job this summer.

Are you sure you don't secretly go around pulling the ears off kittens Ross?

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear things are going so poorly for Lyn and yourself. I hope things start picking up soon again, as they keep predicting, and there is a little more certainty for you.

Thinking of you both.

Oh... and sorry... but I polished off the brie and the smoked cheddar with a nice bottle of red last night.

*oops!*

Latest posts

Back