Bob is on the other side.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob in Colorado

Of the surgery that is. It turned out that my March 2000 homograft had not only deteriorated but also had a bad tear and an aneurism in the root. I now have an On-X 25 with a dacron graft root clear up to the arch. My coronary arteries were clear so no other procedures. I have to say that I have more confidence in the mechanical valve. As the surgeon said, tissue valves can only be inspected, not tested. So now I will make every effort to learn all that I can about coumadin and manage it the best I can.

Thanks for all of the support here! I am now 3 days after surgery and walking regularly. This is a wonderful forum. I'll keep posting about progress.

Bob

Goodness, this is wonderful news to hear! I hope that you continue to do so well & may be able to go home soon. Take it easy & walk whenever you're able to.:)

Hey Bob,

So happy to hear you are doing well. I was wondering how things went but didn't feel well last night get back online to find out. I should be going home tomorrow as long as INR looks good in the morning.

Continue to let us know how you are doing.

Lori

Hi, Bob. Glad to hear you are doing so well. I had the AVR (mechanical) and root replaced myself in April, and had similar feelings about feeling more confident in the mechanical valve, even if it meant Coumadin for the rest of my life. So far, though there have been a few ups and downs on my INR, the Coumadin has not been too big a deal to regulate. I wish you all the best.

Mark

So glad that you are doing so well, keep up the good work. Keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.
Take care
Jane

Congratulations! Come on down to the anticoag forum when your ready. Almost none of the medical profession gets Coumadin dosing properly, so we'll be glad to help you out.

Hey Bob! Congrats on your successful surgery:)! Keep walking and you will be home before you know it. Wishing you a smooth, bump-free recovery!

Nadine

Latest posts

Back