Blender Question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ponygirl:

I bought a stick blender in the last 18 months, and I use that more than my regular blender. I use it to puree veggies in a saucepan and to also make creamed soups (I have a root vegetable soup recipe that's wonderful in the winter).

To answer some of the questions people have asked, I am not using the blender for ice or nuts. I use it for things like blending juice, yogurt and protein powder together, or for blending cooked vegetables together to add back into soup. The most difficult thing it would have to blend is raw spinach (which I blend with the juice and yogurt.)

I want to know how easy it is to clean!

I just got it but it is very easy to clean, no little crevises, the pitcher is a basic pitcher and the top with the blade is easy to clean, most of it can also go in the disswashers. the Motor is a seperate piece, but doesn't come in contact with anything it is cutting, if that makes sense.

Cooker -- When I look at that website, all of the blenders cost far less than $150. Which model do you have?

I bought at Williams Sonoma, they are high but it is the 50th Anniversary model I think .... just to damn tired to go look right now... and I could be wrong about the price but I know it was over $100 ... they have knife set I want, $1000 ... DW would kill me:rolleyes:

Freddie the "clean freak" doesn't remove the base and gasket....hee hee.
Maybe you have a different model ?

I guess Freddie's not the ONLY one because I've never removed the bottom portion of my blender either in the 10+ that I've had it!!!! OMG, now I'm afraid to even go there!!!!! :eek:

I bought at Williams Sonoma, they are high but it is the 50th Anniversary model I think .... just to damn tired to go look right now... and I could be wrong about the price but I know it was over $100 ... they have knife set I want, $1000 ... DW would kill me:rolleyes:

Cooker; look into J.A. Henckels knifes, they too are fantastic and might be a little cheaper.
I've had mine for 24 1/2 years, use them everyday and they still look as good as new.
Yep, them the ones that gave me the 4 stitches in the spring.

Sorry for the hijack ponygirlmom, but you probably deserve a new machine :)

Latest posts

Back