Blender Question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I need a blender that DOESN'T LEAK! Also, the fewer fiddly parts I have to take apart and reassemble, the better. I think that's why I have such a leaking problem.

Anyone have a suggestion for a simple, sturdy, non-leaky blender?

Leaking from were?
I have a Braun and there are no parts to remove when cleaning. Of course there is the lid and the container itself, but that's it.

duh...if it's leaking from the bottom I think it's time to go out and get a new one.

This is a "Blender" right? Not a food processor or something else that beats the tar out of stuff.

Just get a new gasket (the rubber thing on the bottom of the container). If that is missing, broken or cracked, then that is what the problem is.

Just Google the blender name you have and see if you can find a gasket part for it.

Also when blending liquids, don't fill it too full, and start it out at a low level so it doesn't splash up and come out the top.

If you are blending hot liquids, always hold a towel over the top and lid so you don't get burned.

I just got one of those Ninja blenders because all my blenders start leaking at the bottom, I've replaced gaskets (that helps alot) replaced the screw on blad bases ect.
I'm hoping this last longer because the pitcher is pretty much like a regular pitcher and your place the blade/motor on the top. I bought mine on QVC and I've seen it other places for less, but here is a link to it if you've never seen the commercials. http://www.ninjakitchen.com/offer1.shtml

I'll let you know how I like it in a couple days.

Ponygirl:

Maybe it's a cracked gasket to your blender that's causing the leak.

Before $$pending a lot of ca$h, check out your local yellow pages (Phoenix, I think) to see if there's a small appliance repair place that stocks replacement parts & does repairs.

Here in the Fort Worth area, we have Fort Worth Shaver & Appliance. I get my knives and Oster clipper blades sharpened there. They have loads of replacement parts -- coffee carafes, blender jars, gaskets for pressure cookers -- you get the picture -- plus new appliances. They've repaired a lamp for me.

No doubt there's a similar business in Phoenix. You could have them take a look at your blender. Might be worthwhile & cheaper than putting down money for a new one. Unless you have a hankering for a new & improved blender.

(Mine's a Sears blender & still working good @ 33 years!)

Might be worthwhile & cheaper than putting down money for a new one. Unless you have a hankering for a new & improved blender.

(Mine's a Sears blender & still working good @ 33 years!)

I definitely want to buy one that is easier to clean. In order to clean this one you have to wrestle the rubber gasket out from under the blade and wrestle it back in afterwards, plus there are two little access lids in the main lid that are always running away, plus reassembling it is rocket science, because if you don't sit the blade/gasket unit on just right the bottom doesn't screw on, or it looks like it screws on but it really doesn't and will leak.... I'm totally ready for a new one.

Looks like I'll have to invent a time machine and go back to Sears 33 years ago!

Most importantly....what are you using the blender for and how often?
Ingredients like ice or nuts and using it multiple times a day will definitely decrease it's lifespan.
In this case you would need a professional/commercial model.

My 20 year old Oster blender is superb.
After using it, I do unscrew the base and remove the gasket and blade for cleaning, towel dry, and re-assemble it just barely hand tight for storage.
Before using the blender again, I make sure the gasket is seated properly and tighten up the base. I have had no problems or leaks.
If the lid leaks, it is probably over filled, however a liquid splattering the lid too much can be corrected by laying some plastic wrap over the top of the blender and then the lid will fit more snug.

Most importantly....what are you using the blender for and how often?
Ingredients like ice or nuts and using it multiple times a day will definitely decrease it's lifespan.
In this case you would need a professional/commercial model.

My 20 year old Oster blender is superb.
After using it, I do unscrew the base and remove the gasket and blade for cleaning, towel dry, and re-assemble it just barely hand tight for storage.
Before using the blender again, I make sure the gasket is seated properly and tighten up the base. I have had no problems or leaks.
If the lid leaks, it is probably over filled, however a liquid splattering the lid too much can be corrected by laying some plastic wrap over the top of the blender and then the lid will fit more snug.

Who knew you taught Martha everything she knows, Bina!:eek::D

I've never had to unscrew the base/blade. Maybe I should?....nah

I simply clean mine by adding hot water and a drop of soap and run it on pulse a few times, rinse and drip dry.

We have a Kitchen Aid blender that is built like a tank. Doesn't leak, nothing stops it.

Blends everything, including chopping up ice, body parts, whatever you have lying around.

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Back