Back to the ER

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you were a youngster, did you ever put a latex glove on your hand and inflate it just enough that the palm and digits got fat and made it look like an inverted cows udder? [Like me, you probably had a lot of free time, huh?]
Well, I sort of did that today, without the benefit of the latex glove. This morning, while at my mother-in-laws for a birthday dinner, my right hand began swelling. While it never reached the size of a bovine appendage, it was salarming, and damned uncomfortable.
Mt wife called my cardiac surgeon's nurse and we headed back to the city to visit the ER.

They ran a doppler from the fingertips to the elbow and drew several bottle-shaped vials for culture analysis. The immediate verdict was Cellulitis, and they were going to keep me for the night, but My Cardio surgeon didn't buy the cellulitis verdict and sent me home with Benadryl and Clindimycin, figuring it was an allergic reaction. Im beginning to see some 'deflation' in my right pinkie, but they gave me a supply for 7days so we'll wait and see.

Back in the ER

Back in the ER

Maybe your Mother in Law is out to get you?.....;)
I'm betting on allergic reaction.

It actually started before we arrived at her place, but my wife's family is saturated with members of the medical profession narrowed it down to cellulitis or allergy. I've had it on moist heat treatment this morning and there is improvement. That and the meds will get it back to normal within a day or so. I get along well with my in-laws, thank goodness.

It actually started before we arrived at her place, but my wife's family is saturated with members of the medical profession narrowed it down to cellulitis or allergy. I've had it on moist heat treatment this morning and there is improvement. That and the meds will get it back to normal withing a day or so. I get along well with my in-laws, thank goodness.

Did you maybe have a grumpy spider in your car that let you have it and you just didn't notice? Hope your hand is feeling better.:)

When you were a youngster, did you ever put a latex glove on your hand and inflate it just enough that the palm and digits got fat and made it look like an inverted cows udder? [Like me, you probably had a lot of free time, huh?]
Well, I sort of did that today, without the benefit of the latex glove. This morning, while at my mother-in-laws for a birthday dinner, my right hand began swelling. While it never reached the size of a bovine appendage, it was salarming, and damned uncomfortable.
Mt wife called my cardiac surgeon's nurse and we headed back to the city to visit the ER.

They ran a doppler from the fingertips to the elbow and drew several bottle-shaped vials for culture analysis. The immediate verdict was Cellulitis, and they were going to keep me for the night, but My Cardio surgeon didn't buy the cellulitis verdict and sent me home with Benadryl and Clindimycin, figuring it was an allergic reaction. Im beginning to see some 'deflation' in my right pinkie, but they gave me a supply for 7days so we'll wait and see.

I had this happen years ago to what your describing
They ruled out celluitis and man it was hard to bend
my hand,fingers i too had been weeding my garden then
thinking a weed ,bug bite.course they locked me in hosp.2 days on iv
btw hello and welcome ,don't recall welcoming you to vr on your
introduction thread....(Sorry),and glad you found your way home (here):
Hope your doing alright and keep us posted when able.

zipper2 (DEB)

Back to "normal"

Back to "normal"

The mild heat, antibiotics and antihistamines seem to have worked. My right hand is now baqck to its usual size.
Thanks for the well-wishes.

Roger

Back