Baby boy names........Graydon vs Grayson

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camgough

This is not heart/ valve related, but nonetheless is causing a bit of stress in our lives..... We have a 2 year old boy named Logan and are expecting again in 3 weeks. We don't know the sex, but if it's a boy we are stuck between Graydon and Grayson. Our last name is Gough (Goff) if that helps. Any opinions or thoughts welcome.......Thanks Cam

ah the joys of picking names....I remember it well :smile2:
You have two good names, a tough choice indeed.

Which ever name the two of you decide on will be perfect for your new addition - Good Luck

(I like the name Graydon)

Two great names indeed...IMHO, the edge goes to Graydon for me...but if I had your last name, I would probably name him Pebble Beach Goff - lol

Have pity on the child. He's going to be spelling the last name for his entire life. Give him the more common "Grayson" for a first name.

Speaks the woman with the problem of no-one being able to either spell OR pronounce her first name OR last name. It's not LORI. It's LAR-ee. and the last name is of POLISH origin.

That's a tough choice. As others said, I like both.
Is there one that you and your wife are leaning towards? I have a 'slight' preference for Graydon, but it's not my baby! By the way...an early congrats to you!

I really lioke both but what about being like the celebrities and trying "Staff" for the first name and "Sargent" for second name followed by "Gough" .....poof we have Staff Sargent Gough OR BETTER YET "Police' "Chief"....you can see where this is going

;-)

Last edited:
My name is Dennis Smith. I don't believe my parents ever thought about it, but with a first name that ends in "s", and a last name starts with "s", my name turns out to be a tongue twister for too many people. Your choices are both great, and I would gladly exchange "Dennis" for either of them. Of the two, I would go with Grayson.

BTW, as a young teenage boy (not the most sensitive time of my life), I took great pleasure in advising my very conservative mother that I had discovered that the "meaning" of Dennis was "god of wines".

When Graydon or Grayson starts hanging out with older boys, I predict his nickname will be ..."the G man". And that sounds really cool to me.

I am totally biased -- my middle name is Gray and my son and DIL named my grandson Grayson. It is also a good Southern (USA) name.

But either of the two names you're considering would be good. You'll wind up calling him "Gray" most of the time anyway, I bet :D

As far as origin of the name, it's Old English and variously means "son of the bailiff," "steward," or "judge" -- or yes, son of the grey-haired man. Given that my hair is 75 percent salt/25 percent pepper, I have no problem with that. LOL.

Last edited:
Oh, baby names. I process all the birth certificates for our county and I can't tell you the number of times I have looked at a certificate and thought, "Oh that poor kid." LOL! Though over all the odd spellings and odd choices for names, I think the worst thing someone could do is give their two first names, two middle names and a hyphenated last name. Yep, we had one of those in December. *shaking head*

I do like both the names, but I do lean towards Grayson. I think it seems to roll off the tongue better and less likely to be misspelled.

Well, last Sat March 2, 2012 at 11:46am Graydon Brian was born, A healthy 8lb 6oz and 21 inches long.......Mom and baby are doing great!

Well, last Sat March 2, 2012 at 11:46am Graydon Brian was born, A healthy 8lb 6oz and 21 inches long.......Mom and baby are doing great!

Congrats Garyson Brian measures out to be a "keeper" .........hey my son is "Gregory Brian" was 9lb 2 oz and 22inchjes .......now 30 years later is over six (6) feet tall size 13 shoe and has a six month old of his own.............ain't life GRAND

Back