"Avatar" movie warning

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bina

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
"Taiwan Man Dies After Watching 'Avatar'."

TAIPEI (AFP) - A 42-year-old Taiwanese man with a history of high blood pressure has died of a stroke likely triggered by over-excitement from watching the blockbuster "Avatar" in 3D, a doctor said Tuesday.

The man, identified only by his surname Kuo, started to feel unwell during the screening earlier this month in the northern city of Hsinchu and was taken to hospital.

Kuo, who suffered from hypertension, was unconscious when he arrived at the Nan Men General Hospital and a scan showed that his brain was haemorrhaging, emergency room doctor Peng Chin-chih said.

"It's likely that the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms," he told AFP.

Kuo died 11 days later from the brain haemorrhage, and the China Times newspaper said it was the first death linked to watching James Cameron's science-fiction epic "Avatar".

Film blogging sites have reported complaints of headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurry eyesight from viewers of "Avatar" and other movies rich in 3D imagery.

Took me about 20 minutes to get used to the 3D and all the movement, but after that it was fine. I can see where it would mess with your equilibrium, and thus the reports of headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurry eyesight all make sense. Seems crazy that the movie could trigger the result this poor guy went thru.

Ross, are you feeling frisky today?.....Don't go challenging the sickle man. ;)

No. Actually I feel like anything but frisky. I'm not tempting sickleman, but my docs sure seem to be trying to put a voodoo spell on me.

Rustle up a bit more faith today and keep going.
Yesterday when I had a weird sternum pain I said to hubby that somebody was using their "Bina" voodoo doll again.....

Funny you should say that. I used to say that my boss was holding the doll under water so that I couldn't breath.

I guess between losing Terry, then having my old PCP that retired tell me that I'm in a race to see what goes first, heart, lungs, or kidneys, then the Gastro doc telling me I've used up most all of my 9 lives and that we can't afford repeats, and now add on the newest PCP's comment that if it weren't for the grace of God, I wouldn't be here. They really don't need to rub my nose in it.

Okay. Confess. How many valium did you take?:p:D

So are you advising sedation before viewing?
We just bought the dvd yesterday ,glad I saw this before watching ...don't worry I will take proper precautions...what would you prescribe...?

Something tells me if this guy didn't see Avatar he would've died in the next argument he had anyway. He was probably a walking time bomb.

Ho-Hum--you have now ruined my justification for sedation,but its a shame to waste the open bottle of red wine:)

Latest posts

Back