Attending the Royal Wedding?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcia58

Here's something fun!

In honor of the big wedding on Friday, find your royal wedding guest name. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your middle name is your first pet's name. Your last name is the street which you grew up on (or the first street you remember living on). If your middle initial is in the first half of the alphabet, you're a duke or duchess. Second half, Marquis or Marchioness. Then add the name of the first street where you lived as an adult. Post your new name here as a comment.

Lady Ida Constance Canfield, Marchioness of Selby
(aka Marcia)

Ah, heck, thought I'd try...

Ah, heck, thought I'd try...

I'm Lady Cornelia Candace Josephine, Duchess of Paramount.

how fun..!!

how fun..!!

I'm Lady Adeline Rin Tin Tin of Ranch Road, Duchess of King William..aka 'sauerkraut bend'..:biggrin2:

No kidding...I lived on King William St. in San Antonio. Does sound 'royal', but the main entry street into the area was given the name King Wilhelm in honor of King Wilhelm I, King of Prussia in the 1870s. During World War I, when America was at war with Germany, the name was changed to Pershing Avenue. A few years after the war was over the original name was restored, but this time it was given the English version of the name, King William, and it has remained so since. Our old family home is now part of the National Trust..

If you kinda like history, here's a webpage: http://www.saconservation.org/tours/sitevisits_kingwilliam.htm

Lord Charles Percy Duke of Lincoln.

I am a confirmed republican (of the anti-monarchy kind) so avoided the wedding with a magnificent 40 Mile (return) Steam Hauled train journey from Whitby to Pickering on the North York Moors Railway - celebrating its 175th Anniversary. It was appropriately quiet since most of country has been glued to the TV.

Percy was an Aristocratic Goldfish.

Leaky,

Thanks for playing along! I just enjoyed it because some of the names are hilarious. A couple of my friends came up with names like:
Lord Walter Chi-Chi Mathews, Duke of High
Lady Luverne Frisky Thirty-eight, Duchess of Fairfield

Your train ride sounds like fun! The one time I rode a vintage train, I had a cinder blow back in my eye. OUCH!

Marcia

Latest posts

Back