Advice from Australians (Canberrans in Particular)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terence

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi there,

I'm a New Zealander who's just moved to Canberra, Australia. In August 2008 I had my aortic valve and (a portion of) my ascending aorta replaced. They had been damaged by the reactive arthritis I suffer from. My valve is artificial and so I take Warfarin for anti-coagulation.

Back home I was lucky enough to have an amazing GP (family doctor) who helped no end managing my rather complicated health situation.

So far I haven't been able to find a similar doctor here in Canberra and was wondering/hoping on the off chance, whether there were any other Canberrans out there, and if they could recommend a GP who is good, and understands the whole VR thing.

cheers

Terence

Just wanted to say welcome to Aust! I'm from Melbourne so can't help you with a GP reference, but hope you find one like your NZ one...they are worth their weight in gold!

Welcome Aboard Terence!

We have several Aussies amongst our membership, but I don't recall seeing any from Canberra in my several years reading these forums.

Good Luck in your Quest to find another knowledgable and understanding Primary Care Physician!

'AL Capshaw'

Terence welcome to VR.
As I am in Melbourne I can't provide any suggestion on Canberra surgeons.
Find out what the federal politicians do and you can't go wrong.
They will only do what is best for them, and they have an army of staff to do their research for any type of surgery.

Latest posts

Back