Added benefit of valve replacemen,,,,, or not??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hook

Ok, odd topic here but I know I'm not crazy.

Before my surgery two years ago I had a bad case of IBS (aka - the trotts, trouser chilli, screaming eagles, anal oil derik) slowly getting worse over the last decade. It was so bad I never flew in the morning because I knew I would be on the can nonstop.:eek2: I thought I had crones, but no one could give me a diagnosis.:confused2: My stomach issue took a back seat because I had this issue with my lungs that my idiot cardiologist missed as a heart issue for three years; sorry that's another story.

Long story short, after the valve replacement my poop immediately went Dr Oz perfect and has stayed that way.:thumbup: I am convinced the correction in my heart has something to do with my digestive system. I am thinking less water retention may have something to do with it.:rolleyes2:

Anyone else???

Poo Talk, Yay !! ;)
Haven't noticed much of a poo change since surgery, but i really watch what i eat because my stomach and gall bladder have never
liked to be messed with in regards to spices and excess fats.

You didn't happen to get broad spectrum antibiotics after surgery? I did when I developed a fever immediately post-op. Sort of at the other end of things in my case, but it completely eliminated longstanding (30 years) gingivitis, which has a bacterial basis. There are some bacterial diarrheas that have a prolonged carrier state that broad spectrum antibiotics could eliminate.

Almost everyone gets some degree of intestinal paralysis from anesthesia, but this usally wears off rather quickly, so I don't think that was a factor, at least not now.

Maybe there is some heart-gut connection, but I can't quite see it.

Anyway, congrats on killing 2 birds with one stone.

Just trying to keep it light; if no one want to have a sense of humor I will go away for another six months.

LOVE humor!

As for the observation, Todd (I see you're in my favorite city!), I've found just the opposite to be true. Not much of a problem before, but now after my 4th OHS 11/11/2011 ... oh holy crapola (pun intended). My gallbladder was removed December 2005.

*shrugs*

Maybe I'm just full of crap.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Things get complicated when you get past 18" __ Statler Brothers __ 'Class of '57'

Bill B -- If you've seen enough, just don't watch. . .

I had such terrible digestive paralysis after surgery that I was in pain for the entire first month post-op. At that point I was readmitted to the hospital for a few days to get things sorted out. To this day, I have various issues - some of which may land me back in the OR at some time. Not heart surgery, but OR nonetheless. . . BAH!

I was misdiagnosed with crones and IBS for many years. Once it got really bad, they could see it on the CAT scan as diverticulitus that would not respond to antibiotics. I had it cut out. In your case, you may have had chronic diverticulitus and as Bill B said, the antibiotics from surgery may have killed it.

Latest posts

Back