A great start to the day.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
For a while I have wanted to put together a compilation of some of my favorite Southwest photographs into something that is more than a normal slide show. There is a way to do this through Apple's imovie program. I knew what music I wanted to use, but didn't really know how to get around the copyright issue. I listened to a lot of music that provides, for a fee, a license that would allow the project to be published without copyright issues. However, I had my heart set on the work of a particular artist-I just couldn't find anything else that I was completely happy with.

I was thinking about this last night as I was reading my ipPad in bed after wasting literally hours listening to music available for license. (A lot of it is really good, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted). Finally, I just used the the iPad to go on the internet and found the company that handles licensing for my artist. I then wrote an email, describing what I wanted to do, the pictures, etc. This morning I received my reply. They are planning to grant the license, and waive any fee! There are a few hoops I need to jump through, but that part looks easy to me. I should be able to post it on You Tube, and am hoping that, once Hank has seen the waiver, I can post a link here, and perhaps on Facebook. There is still a lot to do before I have a finished project, but I am really encouraged to know I can get a license for the music I want.

If I still remember how to do it, I will try to attach a picture of someone who showed up behind me while I was starring off at the mountains. I don't know which of us was more surprised to see the other. But I do think I saw her before she saw me. (Because she was moving and I was still).

Attachments

• Doe  070.jpg
    Doe 070.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I do believe that Janie (ShezaGirlie) has done some very nice slide show displays with music, you may want to
see if she responds or send her a note. However, it seems that you have already found what you want and need,
and I am just thrilled to have you back here sharing your life's pleasures again.
~That is the softest sweetest picture of a doe that I have seen in a long time, thank you so much !!

OH!! I can't wait!
Sounds wonderful! (okay, that actually may be a pun....)

I'm trying to stop in more regularly these days and was hoping to "run into you", Dennis. Great photo. Fantastic capture, there! I believe you may be crossing into new territory if you can get that close to your subject without spooking it! Nicely done, sir!!

:biggrin2: Marguerite

don't we just love deer. they seem so serene and shy. Thanks for the picture. Congratulations on continuing with your love of nature and capturing it to show the rest of us.

DENNIS!!!!

Love the photo, and good luck with the project. Sounds awesome and looking forward to seeing/hearing it when you are able to post it.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.models.RadioShows.legos.HO.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Sometimes it seems like this world's closing in on me" __ Bad English __ 'When I See You Smile'

Hello, Cort. I didn't know until a couple of days ago that you have had multiple surgeries under your belt, with another scheduled in a couple of days. You have done so well, and I am so impressed. I will be thinking of you, and praying for you, especially as Friday approaches.

Dennis, your great photo reminded me that it's been a long time since I've seen a mule deer. I've made a few trips through the US West, but my western trips for the past few decades have mostly been ski trips, primarily to Whistler and secondarily to the Canadian Rockies around Banff. There are probably some deer thereabouts, but I think the closest I've seen is elk (which sometimes seem like the near-wilderness equivalent of Toronto's squirrels, raccoons, or pidgeons!) Here in Ontario I may have seen a deer or two, but I remember the moose more clearly. ("And then there's loss of memory.. .")

Latest posts

Back