7.5 hours surgery, 101 minutes crossclamp time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great - glad to hear it. That's a long surgery! Hope all is well.
Dave

Congratulations on making it to the other side! I hope your recovery is speedy and without incident.

(by the way, nice binary "2" quote)

You were on my mind. Glad to here you are up and moving around. Hope you continue to quickly improve. You will be surprised how much better you will feel. Keep us posted!

Nice going! I wasn't able to walk for a couple of days after surgery - too many complications. I've made up for it, though. Keep up the good work - it will pay off in the long run.

I was transferred from ICU this morning and I am getting stronger each day, but not by much! I am ambulatory but tire easily, especially easy in the afternoons. Tomorrow Erroll be my 7th POD and I can truthfully say that I don't like surgery! I'm just eager to get home.

Jack -- Congratulations! It's good to see you here on the other side! No, surgery will never be a voluntary activity for me, either. But those days will fade in the rear view mirror quickly, I expect!

I was transferred from ICU this morning and I am getting stronger each day, but not by much! I am ambulatory but tire easily, especially easy in the afternoons. Tomorrow Erroll be my 7th POD and I can truthfully say that I don't like surgery! I'm just eager to get home.
Jack, good to hear from you and to see you've been sprung from ICU - I'm now 18 days post-surgery and am finally feeling a little stronger. Shortness of breath is improving, but edema is decreasing very slowly. One day at a time!
Dave

Latest posts

Back