366 days down, feeling better than ever

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsouter

Surgery last April 13th.
Didn't get fully up to speed until fall.
Only thing I want changed is my Metoprolol. Want to stop it if I can.
Going for echo, CT Scan and Cardiologist appt in June. If my Heart beat is lower than 80 ish at rest, I am told I can try weening off it and see how my heart behaves.
Told I still have a murmur but that it is blood flow across valve.

Scheduled for a 5 k run in a few weeks and scheduled to shoot 2 Provincials and the Canadian Nationals this year.

Looking forward to the next 40 years.

Happy 1 year and 1 day Valversary, Dscouter! Glad to hear that things are moving along for you.

Good luck with your 5K in a few weeks.

Hope that you can get off the metropolol in June!

Congratulations on year one with your new mechanical valve! If I understood your signature on your post you had a homograph before this, so this is almost old hat for you. I hope to get off my metoprolol as well, but being only 5-6 weeks out myself I probably have a while to go. Thanks for the update, and good to 'meet' you!

One year and 40 more to go! Sounds like a solid plan.
Congrats, 10 more months to go for my 1st year valversery.

dsouter,

Congrats on the 1yr. Now who are these 2 Provincials and the Canadian Nationals you intend to shoot and what did they do to deserve that?

Congratulations on year one with your new mechanical valve! If I understood your signature on your post you had a homograph before this, so this is almost old hat for you. I hope to get off my metoprolol as well, but being only 5-6 weeks out myself I probably have a while to go. Thanks for the update, and good to 'meet' you!

It was easier this time round for sure. Less pain but longer recovery. IIRC I was off metoprolol around 3 months last time but as this time it is a mechanical...

dsouter,

Congrats on the 1yr. Now who are these 2 Provincials and the Canadian Nationals you intend to shoot and what did they do to deserve that?

LOL! Should have been "shoot at" . I shoot IPSC (Like USPSA) and IDPA.

If it warms up , the Tulip festival will be nice again this year.
Used to do the Flotillas.

Dugald - I remember your last surgery. This time I'm watching the celebration from the same side of the mountain. May you have so many happy returns of the day that you tire of counting them!

Latest posts

Back