#3 for Me & Thanks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well, it’s been 3 years today (March 29/07) that I was called in for pre-op tests and to return to the hospital the following morning at 10:00am for surgery at 1:30pm – with the possibility of being bumped, which of course never happened.

I was still in shock and totally dumbfounded that I needed this type of surgery. I was convinced that once I was wheeled into the ‘theater’, the surgeon would come in say, “I read your file wrong, you don’t need surgery”. No such luck.

My luck did change 3 months after surgery when I found this forum. I remember that day clearly. It was a Wednesday, first time on the computer since surgery and I found what I was looking for “Valvereplacement.com”. I started snooping around and clicked on a button named “Chat”. This was my first encounter with your beloved Chimp ‘Cooker’. He welcomed me with open arms and I could feel his embrace across the miles. Soon, I felt more support from others from this Chat site. Bina, Blanche, Gadgetman, Lottie, Geebee and Ross just to name a few, let me know that they were there if I had any questions.

Thank-you all for your support and knowledge and to Hank for having the most outstanding forum on the Internet, I’m truly grateful.

Around here, March 30th is not a day of celebration and understandably so. It was the worst day of my family’s life – a day they care not to remember. Yet I know you all think/feel differently and that's why I'm writing this

So yea, March 30th………3 years on having a new tick to life.
Thank-you everyone for your help and wisdom.

R

Congratulations. Good point that your family doesn't regard it as such a wonderful day. I still honor my valversary, although I slept through most of it.

So Freddie, my little Chickadee, is turning three.
Glad you found us !
My husband is another who only remembers the total trauma and fear of my surgery day. He is thrilled to bits that I am still around, but really doesn't like to go back to that day.

Congratulations on your 3rd valversary Freddie & here's wishing you so many more years ahead! Glad you shared the biggest day in your life with us, your VR family!!! :)

P.S. Yesterday, the 29th, marked 4 years for me since my 3rd OHS.

Last edited:
Happy 3rd Freddie! We all share your appreciation for this special day. May you have many many more and always remember and appreciate each one.
Best,!
JOhn

Well, it’s been 3 years today (March 29/07)
Thats Great Freddie- and hope you celebrated it well :)

My luck did change 3 months after surgery when I found this forum. I remember that day clearly.

I think we are in the minority group here...of not having found this site until well after our surgeries. It seems that most people find before their surgery. Regardless of when we found it though,you are right,
it was a lucky day.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Although I really didn't celebrate my 3rd with a supper out, but I was able to convince my S/O to go out of town to watch our son in a 3 day bowling tournament. It would be the first time since surgery that this new valve would be put through all the emotions one could feel during any nail biting sporting event.

During one game, I really did feel my chest bumping really hard. The excitement, nerves and cheering I'm sure was sending my blood pressure to new highs - but all is good and I/we had a good time and the kid is off to the Nationals in June.

Latest posts

Back