2nd Year today.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camgough

2 years ago today I had my valve sparing aortic root replacement surgery in Ottawa. Overall feeling great, athletic performance about 75% as it was pre op. Glad to be here, a day boating with the family beats surgery anytime! Thanks for the support everyone, and best wishes to people facing the challenge!

Congrats camgough! I agree about the day boating! One question, why only 75% athletic performance and not 100%? I figured after 2 years you'd be at the 110% mark...

Hey Julian, I wish I knew why I can't easily get back to pre op shape. It's not for a lack of trying! There are many reasons I think of, heart still reshaping, pacemaker, still have minor/ moderate aortic regurg with my bicuspid valve, still healing from surgery complications (ARDS, kidney failure). Could be a combo of any of these. 6mph on the treadmill used to be an easy pace for an hour of running, now 6mph for 10 minutes and I'm done. Heart rate gets into the 190s and I need to slow down. I've definitely learned that recovery is a slow process. Over all I am very happy and grateful!

Time flies when you're having fun! :wink2:
Congrats to #2 Cam and may you continue onward and upward in your recovery.
Very best wishes,

Cam - It could be the pacer. Have you discussed your exercise issues with the doc who manages it for you? I have had to "tweak" settings on my pacer a couple of times, and finally I can get back to a couple of miles at 11:30/mile - just about where I was a year prior to surgery.

Don't give up. Get all you can!

2 years ago today I had my valve sparing aortic root replacement surgery in Ottawa. Overall feeling great, athletic performance about 75% as it was pre op. Glad to be here, a day boating with the family beats surgery anytime! Thanks for the support everyone, and best wishes to people facing the challenge!

Greetings camgough,
congrats on your anniversay. I'm also pleased to hear about your positive results since Dr Boodhwani will be replacing my aortic valve in August.

Latest posts

Back