2 Questions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJM

I am 7 weeks post op from my 4th OHS. I have a general question.

When i take a breath in i get a discomfort in the center of my back, Does anyone have/had this ??
Also the top of my scar has developed a blood blister looks like a blister, but looks like blood in it, I do not have a fever, but i did call my sergeon & i am going in tomorrow 12/14/11 I was just wondering if anyone else has had this ??

The disconfort in your back is a result of the rib spreaders used and so not unusual and to the scar it is very common and sometines refered to as keloid scar and will with time go down ....maybe also due to multiple surgeries ////////////////

BEST ADVICE ........."WHEN IN DOUBT , CHECK IT OUT"

I had a blister like mark on my scar. Surgeon said don't worry about it but don't touch it or press etc. I'm 6 weeks post op and still slightly uncomfortable when I breath in but getting much better. My left side of my back hurt but that's because I had some fluid on my lungs which is very common. Breathing exercises helped this go away within a week. Good luck. I'm sure it's all nothing but usual post op problems like we all get.

Well the surgeon assistant said it was a piece of stitch, she pulled it out, I have to wash my scar with Betadine, she said sometimes the internal stitch breaks off & tries to get out. (weird) but alright. She listened to my lungs & heart,she said everything sounded good but i should call my cardiologist and let him know that i am having this discomfort. So i will do that tomorrow.

Well the surgeon assistant said it was a piece of stitch, she pulled it out, I have to wash my scar with Betadine, she said sometimes the internal stitch breaks off & tries to get out. (weird) but alright. She listened to my lungs & heart,she said everything sounded good but i should call my cardiologist and let him know that i am having this discomfort. So i will do that tomorrow.

It's good to know she was able to help with one of your questions. Let's hope the cardiologist can answer the rest.:smile2:

I had similar thing happen a couple weeks or so ago, I could see some little white looking thing that was stiff coming from my mid chest.
So happen I had a post up appt. a few days later so showed the surgeon. He said it was a inner stitch, just get some tweezers and pull it out...or leave it alone.

I tried to pull it out and it hurt, so I took some clippers and cut it back so it wouldn't bug me.

Glad to hear that was just a stitch. Keep an eye on your incision, in our experience if you tend to have a problem not disolving "disolving sutures" a couple might pop up, sometimes they just look like little pimples.
Hopefully as Mary said your card can answer yor other question and it ends up being something simple/normal healing too

Latest posts

Back