12 week checkup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Edmonton

I meet my GP for my 3 month checkup today. I am progressing well but wish I could shake some of the drugs I am on. My cholesterol is a little high so I have started taking CoQ10 tablets and am going for longer walks and bike rides. I enjoy eating more fruit and vegetables these days and less meat and junk food.

I am going back to work next week and will be on light duty until I feel ready for longer days. I will be going to Oklahoma for some training and relaxation the second week in June so no tornados please!

My boy went to football summer camp today, my other boy is getting married this year and my daughter is in college. Life is so special....

I feel so fortunate to have followed my condition and have it fixed before more permanent damage was done (or worse). God was kind to me and I am thankful.

I have never been a very positive person for some reason, but I sure smile a lot more these days. Opportunity knocked and I answered, my second chance at life!

Thank you for sharing this experience with me, I appreciate your friendship.

*******There was a time when I just hoped 2011 was over already*******
Go "Class of 2011"

Good for you Jeff, always nice to hear good news.

But did you know........
There have been reports that coenzyme Q10 may decrease the effectiveness of blood-thinning medications such as warfarin (Coumadin) or clopidigrel (Plavix), leading to the need for increased doses. Therefore, given that this medication must be monitored very closely for maintenance of appropriate levels and steady blood thinning, CoQ10 should be used with warfarin only under careful supervision by your health care provider.

Good job Jeff. Isn't life a fun road to travel. I hope that you continue to enjoy your second chance.
Assuming the weather holds out, you will like Oklahoma. They have some great fishing there if you are into that and can get some time.

Jeff, thanks for your update! Good to hear things are going so well for you, and I like your approach to life these days.
Jason

Jeffy

Look into taking lecithin [Soya byproduct] and fish oil. They are both excellent against a fight with cholesterol. Both will raise your INR.

Thanks for the personal correspondence, it was good to share our experience together. Best of luck to you.

Jeff, a word of caution ....... I have found that I can cry at the drop oif a hat ..........at first I thought at birth maybe my bladder was too close to my eyes or that my surgeon played a practical joke (he does have a great sense of humour[i know Canadian spelling] ) and moved the bladder there ! But then I came to the realisation that I was just glad to be alive and ablhe to be at my son's wedding.

There really is joy in life !!!!!!

:thumbup:

Thank you all, I will be in and out of this site for years to come I promise. You have all become part of my life, I am sure I can make a difference in someones life, I know that it did not take much to help me. Even the smallest of acknowledgments to questions made me feel better, I made choices, and it is what it is.
I am humbled by the experience.

Latest posts

Back