10 years and still going strong

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkey Hunter

I know it's been a long time since i've posted.....no excuses...just a long time. I do peer in every now and again and try to stay caught up...
I guess I am wanting to give any newbies a bit of encouragement...as it is always needed and let those of you I've known for so long get an update on my status.

I had my 10 year check up a couple weeks ago, and my 10th valversary last Sunday and all is well.
Docs prognosis at the check up was amazing, not only did they give a good report...but he even told me i could start lifting weights at the gym again...as long as I keep the weight light....WOO HOO.
Those of you that have been here as long as i have, may remember my passion for physical fitness...so this was great news.
The aneurysm has been completely stable since it was discovered some 3 years or so post Ross Procedure. I still go to Cleveland Clinic for my annual check ups and evaluations....and will never change that....an amazing place.

So, I guess the gist of this is to encourage those of you in the midst of making your valve choice to always go with the choice that feels right to you. It is your choice and it's a very personal one....get all the input you can; but in the end...go with your gut.

Turk

Happy 10, Ben- keep the pol. stuff coming. It is great! Cort will be in your backyard this Sunday. Other Buckeyes ready to converge on BD.
How about you and J+J?

Hey There, Ben. what a nice surprise to see you this morning. I remember your disappointment at not being able to lift - congratulations that you can now. It's amazing what you, Rob and me have been through these last ten yrs. We all had surg with short times between us. So glad to see you. Blessins............

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

I've got my 10th coming up in December. Ironically, at my last annual checkup my cardiologist actually encouraged me to start lifting weights again. Light weights/high reps, but I still took it as very positive. Maybe they figure if we can make it to ten years then we can handle lifting a few weights...
Mark

Hey There, Ben. what a nice surprise to see you this morning. I remember your disappointment at not being able to lift - congratulations that you can now. It's amazing what you, Rob and me have been through these last ten yrs. We all had surg with short times between us. So glad to see you. Blessins............

Yes, ma'am alot has happened in the last 10 years.....glad to see you're still so active on VR

Excellent stuff. Congrats on 10 years. As a Ross patient approaching three years, I'm thrilled to see your post so know that your story is definitely serving as that "bit of encouragement" you mention up top. Hope the return to lifting brings all the fun you can handle, too.

Excellent stuff. Congrats on 10 years. As a Ross patient approaching three years, I'm thrilled to see your post so know that your story is definitely serving as that "bit of encouragement" you mention up top. Hope the return to lifting brings all the fun you can handle, too.

Just take everything as it comes man......The RP is the perfect surgery for those who are correct for it........and thanks for noticing the intent of the message.....this site has been soooooo helpfull to soooo many people.......we just need to keep it going

Congratulations on your 10th! Your story of longevity is instrumental & gives hope to all newbies facing OHS in the near future.

For many of us, life began after OHS......so it's definitely NOT the end, ONLY the beginning!!

Keep on huntin'....:)

TURK ? TURK? TURRRKKKKKK ?

I'll give ya the bird!!! (Wild Turkey that is)

Happy 10th... you old buzzard.. :)

Hope you have many many more milestone anniversaries my friend.
Looking forward to the next time we share a hunt.

Thanks for having my back..

Rob

Latest posts

Back