1 year today and going for my yearly echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle D

I'm so nervous about my echo, I didn't think I would be, I'm feeling very well besides the PVCs I still have constantly. All I know is I'm glad to have the past year behind me, my birthday is next week but I also feel like this is my birthday, I will find out the results of my echo on Monday so I am expecting some sleepless nights, though again, rationally I shouldn't really be nervous. I haven't felt anxiety like this in quite a while. Well wish me luck I'm on my way out now.

Hi, Michelle, a year already! If you are feeling so anxious that you cannot sleep well, you might want to consider dealing with it. Learning meditation techniques can be helpful and some drugs are appropriate. If you are feeling well, you have little reason to expect a bad result. It is just another test and it is unlikely to show anything significant other than your heart function is better than it was a year ago but you know that already. Let us know how things go.

Larry

I've been feeling anxious but I haven't really been thinking about my results, I think subconsiously I have been so I've upped the dose of some of my anxiety meds but I'll be fine. Monday morning I find out and I did see my valve on the echo and it was opening and closing, unlike before the surgery where it just stayed open. I think what I might be anxious about is getting off the anti-arrythmics and my beta blockers. My cardiologist doesn't like me to be on these at such a young age, and my blood pressure is 100/60 and I haven't had any atrial fib or flutters so she'll want to take me off of them but it's been so long I wonder how I will feel. If my PVCs will feel stronger, blah blah I'm just working myself up over nothing probably so I'm just going to stop talking about it. The good news is that on Tuesday I will be 29 which is farther than I would have made it without the surgery.

Congrats Michelle on your 1 year! I totally understand you feeling anxious, the unknown is not a comfortable thing to think about. I too was worried when the took me off of the beta blockers but all was well. My blood pressure levels returned to normal and I felt great! Not to worry missy it will be fine. :)
Ps in case I am not here on tuesday... Happy Birthday! Hugs

Michelle

Congratulations on your first year anniversay. I had mine on Aug. 9 and forgot to post about it. I did celebrate since it is like starting a new life over. I wish you many more years of happiness and activity.

Pat

Latest posts

Back