1 week post op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were you able to gt the rest of your adhesive gunk off? if they baby oil doesn't work, you could look for orange sol. It is made just to take off tape ekg stickies ect. it comes in bottles, but Justin usually get it in little wipe packs like the packs of handwipes you get at some resteraunts. Alot of times it seems many doctors/hospitals have them, but don't think to offer them unless you ask. Justin even remembers to ask (I forget, but it isn't my skin, I guess) when they put him on holter monitors at home.
http://www.orange-sol.com/medical/index.html

Another question about your valve, I know going into surgery you discussed you wanted a tissue valve with your surgeon, did he tell you about the possibility of the 3f then?

Lyn, do you know if you can buy those Orange Sol wipes somewhere over the counter, like at the pharmacy or something? I get those sticky marks every other day from cardio rehab and have tried rubbing alcohol with some success, but still looking for a better solution.

Lyn, do you know if you can buy those Orange Sol wipes somewhere over the counter, like at the pharmacy or something? I get those sticky marks every other day from cardio rehab and have tried rubbing alcohol with some success, but still looking for a better solution.

I know our neighborhood drug store that carries medical suplies carry them you could probably call the company and ask by your zipcode. they do have a list of stores that carry their products , which riteaid and walgreens is on http://www.orange-sol.com/miva/merchant.mvc? but I don't know if they carry the orange sol wipes (that smell just like oranges) or there other products for household cleaning ect.

Were you able to gt the rest of your adhesive gunk off? if they baby oil doesn't work, you could look for orange sol. It is made just to take off tape ekg stickies ect. it comes in bottles, but Justin usually get it in little wipe packs like the packs of handwipes you get at some resteraunts. Alot of times it seems many doctors/hospitals have them, but don't think to offer them unless you ask. Justin even remembers to ask (I forget, but it isn't my skin, I guess) when they put him on holter monitors at home.
http://www.orange-sol.com/medical/index.html

Another question about your valve, I know going into surgery you discussed you wanted a tissue valve with your surgeon, did he tell you about the possibility of the 3f then?

I have not tried anything as I have been lazy about getting the stuff off....kinda whenever I feel like it.

Going into surgery, we discussed tissue valves, but nothing specific. He said he would use what fits best once I am opened up.

I have not tried anything as I have been lazy about getting the stuff off....kinda whenever I feel like it.

Going into surgery, we discussed tissue valves, but nothing specific. He said he would use what fits best once I am opened up.

I hate to push this, since things worked out well and you're happy with the results. But it might be a good thing for others to think about going into surgery, and I keep thinking how I would feel. Did he talk about the different valves at all? and mention the possibility of getting the 3f? I keep wonderring, since I know some people would not want a valve that is so new and there only are results for about 6 years in a couple hundred people. I know when we discuss tissue valves with surgeons, it wouldn't occur to me that they would be talking about anything other than the valves people usually think about as tissue valve, the pig, cow person, not that its anything against the horse valve, just that the entire design is so new and there isn't a real track record especially in how it will last in younger people, so I would hope if it was a possibility the surgeon would have brought it up before surgery, incase we didn't want to be one of the first. Whenever there has been a possibility that Justin would be getting something pretty new or they are modifying a surgery in hopes it will last longer, his surgeons always discuss the possibility before surgery to make sure we are fine with it. For example, Justin's dacron conduit that should have lasted practiically forever, only lasted 2 years. When they were going to replace it, we talked about a newer conduit that isn't common or much info about it, but why they thought it would be the best thing for Justin, and we knew going into surgery it was a possibility we were willing to take a chance on.

My surgeon brought up the idea of the ATS 3f Equine valve with me as one possible option. He seemed pretty high on it. I am in the waiting room. so no huge hurry to decide on what valve, but I was pretty interested in this one. I know it doens't have much of a track record, but someone has to go first and what if it is the one that is going to last the longest! I wish that for you along with a speedy recovery. Keep us posted from time to time on how that valve is working out for you. Let's hope you don't start stomping your feet and whinnying! ;) May still sound better than squealing or mooing... Best of luck!

My surgeon brought up the idea of the ATS 3f Equine valve with me as one possible option. He seemed pretty high on it. I am in the waiting room. so no huge hurry to decide on what valve, but I was pretty interested in this one. I know it doens't have much of a track record, but someone has to go first and what if it is the one that is going to last the longest! I wish that for you along with a speedy recovery. Keep us posted from time to time on how that valve is working out for you. Let's hope you don't start stomping your feet and whinnying! ;) May still sound better than squealing or mooing... Best of luck!

I agree people have to go first, I just think it should be their choice. Look how many tens of thousands people have gotten an ON-X valve and it is still "too new", so many people feel more comfortable getting a St jude. Justin was one of the first for many things, some we had to sign consent for , others weren't experiemtnal but we knew only a few had been done, I'm glad we made the choices back then and that many people have benefitted. Other people at the same time did not think the POSSIBLE benefits out weighed the possible risks, so felt better sticking with the tried and true. No choice is wrong, In MY opinion IF there is a possibility that you might get anything with out a track record and that hasn't been used often, or in people your age group, I think the doctors should be honest and let you research and decide if it is something you are willing to gamble on.

Latest posts

Back