Zipper2 surgery confirmed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freddie, you and Pamela are great secretaries.....please give her my best wishes. :)

Bina ,you hit the nail on the head:p Thanks so much Freddie.

The same stands as Freddie posted and i will be admitted Sunday
and am to call to confirm surgery date for mon or tues,the call i will make
is Friday at 2 pm to confirm then i will post the date.
Thanks Mary for posting Monday,cus i feel the same way as you.
I had tests galore done and lots of heart enlargement,and don't know
for sure what damage,more has resulted in all this waiting,had mega bloodwork done and my inr is great,climbing to correct height,so to speak.
my tummys no longer connect the dots its now a map from the injections
of lovenex and i am tired from all the run around yesterday,dealt with disliked
company here today,now they are gone (HURAAY) and life goes on.
The only cure is to restore my sence,that theres a good reason,i kinda fell
into my own depression and cry at the drop of a hat.I don't understand why it has to get so bad before better.Will i do but i dont want to if you get my drift.I see the strenght everyday here and,some have suffered loss of loved ones and wonder why this was put on their shoulders,they are the best of people,who least deserve this.But you know me i do believe that connects us to others through events.

If we are late ,miss a meeting ,but yet missed a car wreckthat took place.....
had we been there on time.:eek:
Nothings unplanned ,thanfully we don't know what the plan is now.
I can see the pathway that lead me where i'm at,but i haven't a clue about the path leading into mon or tues,let alone the future.
So we do the best we can,share happiness,dream,and trust whatever happens.

IT WILL WORK OUT!!

ill get through this just sometimes feels like your walking and there soo many
people and crowded and there dog doo you know and i'd be the only one to step in it out of all the people:D:p Laugh with me cus im better at it than crying(LOL)

as i said it will all work out,just waited too long.

Thanks for all your good wishes,i will be along later to read great others posts and concerns of others.(hugs everyone)

zipper2 (DEB)

So happy to hear your surgery is going to finally become a realization for you Deb!

You know I will be praying for you & I'll be waiting with the others for word from one or both of your secretaries!! :p:D

Take care!

I am so glad Dr M has inspired your confidence, Deb. He is simply the most competent person I've met and I've met a few, but his personal organization and that of his team is only outshone by their dedication to his vocation. As I mentioned in our phone conversation, he was(is?) the Chief of Transplant Surgery in Alberta, but as a matter of course, he has performed many valve and great vessel repairs and surgeries. He told me that he'd rather mend a heart sooner than replace it later and this is why I know he and his team will do all they can to make you well.

I'm looking forward to meeting the you behind the voice, you sound so sweet on the phone. LOL, we shall see though, it might be clever dubbing.

Take Heart
Pamela.

Deb,

So happy to read that you finally got an official date and that you are feeling confident with the surgeon. That goes a long way! We will be rooting for you every step of the way.

Will be happy to see you in the post surgery. All the best with surgery and recovery.

Talked to Zipper2/Deb tonight, her brain is fried and has been on the go all day today getting tests done. There will be no posting from her tonight.

So here's the scoop;
- Admission is on Sunday January 18th - that's a for-sure!
- Surgery will be on Monday or Tuesday; her name is on their computer for both days
- This Friday at 2:00 she will find out exactly which day.

All in all, she's in good spirits......tired, but still has her humor.

JUST TO ADD TO FREDDIE'S POST IT HAS BEEN FINALIZED AND CONFIRMED MY SURGERY WILL TAKE PLACE : MONDAY JANUARY 19TH AT NOON
MY ADMISSION HAS CHANGED FROM SUNDAY JAN.18TH TO SATURDAY 17TH
SO WE WELL LEAVE HERE SAT THE 17TH .
THE SURGEON WILL BE BRIDGING WITH HEPARIN AND I DEFINATELY AM IN.
THERE IS NO NEED NOW TO FIND OUT MORE FOR FRI,ALL FINALIZED TODAY.
NOT SURE YET AS TO HOW THE POSTING IS GOING TO GO FROM THE HOSPITAL WITH DALE,FREDDIE'S GONE TO MANITOBA FOR AWHILE DUE TO CONCERN THERE AND I,M JUST WORKING OUT SOME PHONE CALL PLANS WITH PAM FROM VR HERE FOR HER TO POST AFTER MY SURGERY.
WHEN CONFIRMED I WILL TELL YOU ALL THE ARRANGEMENTS OF HOW YOU WILL BE NOTIFYED ON THINGS.bECAUSE ONLY CERTAIN AREA OF HOSPITAL TO POST AND SO MANY FAMILY MEMBERS ETC.DALE WANTS TO BE ABLE TO
NOT HASSLE WITH COMPUTER(UNDERSTANDABLE). (MAN THING I GUESS)TOO TIME DEMANDING ON HIM IF HE LEAVES TOO FAR FROM ME.
I WILL UPDATE ON THIS LATER TONIGHT FOR ALL OF YOU.

tHANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR POSTS HERE OF GOOD WISHES AND PRAYERS AND I TOO WILL CONTINUE FOR ALL ON MY END,FOR ALL OF YOU
IN NEED AT MY DEPATURE.

ZIPPER2 (DEB)

Ha! Good for you Zip!
You got your name on TWO surgery schedules?!
Feast or famine, huh? Glad they got it sorted out.
Congrats and good luck. Can't wait to hear how well it went.

David

Ha! Good for you Zip!
You got your name on TWO surgery schedules?!
Feast or famine, huh? Glad they got it sorted out.
Congrats and good luck. Can't wait to hear how well it went.

David

Thanks so much Alerion,yeah still on for 2 and thats fine,never know who needs surgery more than me,but i'm sure it could happen and i'm fine with
that as well.
But i'm not leaving till done this time for sure;)
The certainty of monday at noon,excites me alot.:D

Another note to all i have confirmed that Pam will do postings for

all of you,regarding my surgery on VR,and when i'm out of operating

room,Dales having afew episodes of 1st time and hauntings,so i know as

i said designated areas is bit difficult for him to leave ,as i discussed it

with him in regards to posting right away.

So otherwise had Bina in mind,however i'm going to allow her early bedtime

hubbys refused to tie into computer designated areas for early part

of my surgery.Pam will have it all and Bina you well get messages,just not

the 1st day from him (lol),not till hes relaxed enough to wander round

and leave me.(gotta love him i tell you) I'm sure it's a macho worried

man thing heehee.;)anyhow thats the scoop.

zipper2 (DEB)

Well, I'm clear to contact the hospital (at least on Deb's list anyway) so I'll call them early Monday evening unless Dale contacts me with news first.

It is so good to know that Dr Modry is inspiring confidence even at such a distance. His competent staff have served as the best assurance for Deb as she gets through the next few days. The OR has been booked in her name for both Monday at noon and on Tuesday, too.

Dr Modry is a leading transplant surgeon and the University Hospital is the Centre for transplant surgery in Western Canada, so if he needs to bump Deb's surgery to Tuesday, she can at least be confident that she has been deemed fit to wait over someone else who needs the surgical resources more. It is a comforting thought to know you can afford to wait, mixed blessings and such.

Anyway, as soon as I have news about Ms Zip's progress I will post it on the Post Surgery forum... Wahoo!

Take Heart, Deb, you know your VR angels are gaurding your heart.
Pamela.

Leaving,for 2 P.M. Saturday

Leaving,for 2 P.M. Saturday

Just a note we will be on our way to arrive admission tomorrow

Just confirmed by the bed unit for 2pm tomorrow.Even today if i choose.

So for today i will post off and as stated Pam will take over

a new post on my condition after surgery.

What more can i say.......I've waited SOOOOOOOOOO LONG.

So my posting has halted till you hear from me after i forget

to look both ways on train tracks:p:D.

LOOKING FORWARD TO ENDING THE WAIT, IT'S BEEN TERRIBLE.

You all take care and you remain in my heart and prayers,so we will

meet in the O.R. ROOM,(hugs to all)

zipper2 (DEB)

Glad to hear that you have a date,Deb. Will certainly be keeping you in my prayers and sending my very best wishes and positive thoughts for a successful surgery.

Latest posts

Back