Zipper2 surgery confirmed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Talked to Zipper2/Deb tonight, her brain is fried and has been on the go all day today getting tests done. There will be no posting from her tonight.

So here's the scoop;
- Admission is on Sunday January 18th - that's a for-sure!
- Surgery will be on Monday or Tuesday; her name is on their computer for both days
- This Friday at 2:00 she will find out exactly which day.

All in all, she's in good spirits......tired, but still has her humor.

Thanks Freddie for letting us all know.
Zipper I'm so happy you have your new day. You'll be days ahead of me.We'll all be praying that you have no further delays.

Whew! Prayers going up that everything runs smooth as silk! Thanks for letting us know, Freddie! :)

Great news Freddie thanks for the update. Deb I know you want to get this done.Praying that everything will work out, and you'll be on the road to recovery before you know it. Just rest and we will hear from you later.;)

That's wonderful news Freddie. She and I were discussing the likelihood that she'd be admitted early since her home is such a drive away. The fact that she's listed for both days means that the doctor won't be sending her home until she's well on the way to recovery.

Continued positive thinking going up to push the storm away, Deb. I think that once you meet Dr Modry and experience his vitality in person, you'll have all the reassurance you'll need that he is a wonderful man and surrounded by immensely qualified team members. I'll talk to you soon and will discuss getting in to see you while you're recovering.

Take Heart,
Pamela.

Footnote:
The weather forecast for the up weekend is -4C (24F) great for highway travel for Deb and hubby to get to Edmonton on Saturday.

From now until Friday Deb, take it one day at a time and relax.

Happy to hear this news while checking in...please give her my well-wishes.
Thanks Freddie-Dina

I put Monday as the surgery date on our calendar, and if we find out later that it is Tuesday, I'll change it. I figured it was better to err on the side of early rather than later.
Thanks for keeping us updated!:)

At last, at last!...Great news. It sounds like a really positive situation after last week's chaos.

I'll be away, so I'll wish her the very best now--an uneventful surgery, easy hospital stay, and bump-free recovery.

Debby

That's great, It's nice she get's to stay. I have to be at the hospital all day Tuesday then go home an hour away and be back at 5:30 am the next day..I am closely watching the weather, we may stay in a hotel if it's bad.

Absolutely fantastic

Absolutely fantastic

news. It's marvelous--new surgeon, being kept informed and less than a week to wait.

All systems go

Godspeed

From Zipper:
This Dr Modry who will be doing the surgery seems to be more organized and on the ball with everything. Even his secretary is "with it".
Last week she was told to stop the warfarin and there was no room for her husband in the dorm. Yesterday, with all this news she was informed not to worry about her INR/warfarin "we have ways of bringing that down.....and yes there is a room in the dorm for your husband".
It is/was confusing for Deb - being told one thing and now another.

Once she gets her head on straight ;) she'll be around to post.

Back