Worried I'm not getting any closer to valve selection with less than 1 week to go

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suzanne, arrived at the Cleveland Clinic about an hour ago and have no clue what valve I will get, but it will become clearer after I have my consult with the surgeon the day before my surgery!

went tissue as that was my choice, if it was easy we wouldnt be here discussing it, theres no bad choice just good,we are all different in what we think and want remember that,go with what your gut feeling tells you, good luck

You were puzzled about the dental work done, you have to premed before the work, bridge therapy if there is major, major work to be done. But for regular cleaning and tooth work, we just take Coumadin(warfarin) as directed by doctor or nurse, and premed before appointment. But when chosing a valve, you go with the gut. When you have major questions, ask the cardio or us. we can help as much as we can. Glad you did go with your heart. Just remember, when it may have to go to mechanical, advance may have come and changes accuring all the time. Hugs for today. :)

Worried I'm not getting any closer to valve selection with less than 1 week to

Here's one reason to consider tissue. It's not a pipe-dream anymore, at least in the EU...

"Recently, Medtronic won CE Mark approval in the EU for the CoreValve to replace previously implanted bioprosthetic valves that are failing. This is the world’s first valve-in-valve treatment to win regulatory approval. This niche market monopoly could be just what Medtronic needs to pull ahead of Edwards Lifesciences in the TAVR space."

http://beta.fool.com/crenauer/2013/...uld-understand/35739/?source=eogyholnk0000001

I'm laying awake in the hotel getting ready to have my heart cath this morning. I still have not moved off of first base. I probably won't make my decision until visiting with my surgeon tomorrow, with my surgery coming a day later on Thursday. I am so impressed with the Cleveland Clinic though and I feel they are the leaders of the pack on the cutting edge of cardiac care. Many of the published studies and trials have been done/are being done right here at the clinic. Already my cardiologist took me off two medications I have been on and lowered my dosage on a third. That was a great spirit booster in itself.

Finally, met with Dr. Gillinov and after a lengthy conversation with him, we both decided that I would be receiving a tissue valve. H was very confident that I would be receiving a percutaneously placed tissue valve next time I would need one. He felt very confident about my surgery about my surgery tomorrow and said it would be a walk in the park for him and he said there is 22 heart surgeries scheduled tomorrow and that 21 other patients would wish they were me given my situation was just a "plumbing problem" as he coined it. He exuded a terrific amount of confidence that i picked up on and I finally feel ready to face surgery tomorrow, a day earlier than previously scheduled. I had some blockage in all my coronary arteries but not enough to do anything about as he stated and described it as minor.

That's great, just curious, how old are you and what tissue valve are you getting? I'm 34 and got a Trifecta 29mm last month.

I'm 57 years young and I don't recall which tissue valve I will get. When I am feeling ok, I will post it.

Great news, sound like you have covered all your bases and have a confident recommendation for the expert, your surgeon. My prayers are with you for a great outcome and quick recovery!

Latest posts

Back