Winter Scene pics....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

As much as I dislike winter for the bitter cold, salt, and other general annoyances, if I moved somewhere south (i.e. TN, NC, FL, etc.) I may not have the opportunity to see some of these scenes, which are, imho, gorgeous...:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/temp/

This first 2 pics in that list were taken during the height of the winter storm we had in the Chicagoland area on Wednesday, February 6 ... 2 days after Mom and Dad's surgeries (Mom donated a kidney to Dad).

I was determined to get a winter beater this year ... but that never happened. While I don't like the fact that my '87 MC LS has been exposed to salt for another winter, I'm thrilled that it has been much more reliable than the 2 newer cars I previously owned.

The rest of the pics are ones I took just today (Tuesday, February 26) following the "slight" snow storm we had overnight....

Anyone else have some gorgeous winter scenic type pics to share?

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I shiver when I see the falling snow" ... Merle Haggard ... 'If We Make It Through December'

Cort - I didn't know about your Mom and Dad. If you posted about it I guess I was too busy getting ready for my trip. I hope they are doing well.

Great photos - and I hope they are a distant memory soon!:(

Just got dumped on last night

Just got dumped on last night

Trees are not too happy with the heavy and wet snow that got dumped on them.

I was going to take some this morning. Need to get my screens out of the windows. Doesn't look good on camera.

Ross is going to post a picture of my granddaughter emailed to me from Tullahoma,Tn. this morning. Her name is Savannah and she was born on St. Patricks day. She will be 10 this year.

Freddie said:
did you use twist ties to put those acorns on? ;) :D :D
Nope, but it really looks like it!
Hubby found that little tree down near a drainage ditch for the hayfield.
We had experimented with putting chicken manure around the evergreens as fertilizer....I guess it works.:D

I know earlier, I transported myself back in time to when I hunted out back here. The sights, sounds, smells, temperature, everything as I remember it. Well it felt good for a winter day.

Re: Snow, Heavy Snow, Cold Freezing Snow, Shoveling, Slipping, Sliding. . . .

Been there, done that. I'm glad you loyal northerners enjoy that stuff. It wouldn't bother me if I never see snow again. Of course, we had about 10 palm trees uprooted in our neighborhood by a wind storm last night.

Nancy

Nancy

O.k. You asked for it..:p You must post again..your poor grill. that you posted several years ago. I still have to laugh.so funny..but I am sure not for you....yes, I am a weather nut..watching all the snow/ect..where yall live....today was probably the coldest day we have had in weeks...In Georgia..snow on the ground (light) but cold/wind)....The wind is the worse here in the Mountains..:eek: Even Hubby that wears a heavy coat/ect. got cold walking the dog.:( Tonight is suppose to be very cold..He (Hubby] went down and put heat on in motorhome..for pipes....Looking for SPRING..Bonnie

I like Cooker'ss pic:D Really, enough snow already. More is on the way!

Loved living in the south. Do intend to return, sooner than later hopefully!

Will always have my family, friends and snow to visit in Chicago. Worked well last time.;)

Nonetheless, nice pics Cort. Can you post them again in July! LOL:D

A couple of years ago we had a really brutal winter, loads of snow and loads of ice. There was tremendous ice buildup on the roof. The roof has copper snow slides, or ice buildup would cause major roof leaks. So when the weather gets a little warmer, ice starts to slide off the roof in huge sheets. The year of these pictures, the ice that came off was about 4" thick, 18" deep and about 36" wide. It falls in the back of the house from a second story. Needless to say, it is not something you want to be under when it falls.

Here are some pics.

The last one is Bonnie's fav. I had a metal grill sitting right in the way, it got clobbered totally.

You can see how big the ice chunks were, even when they broke apart on landing.

Latest posts

Back