Why are we not suppose to drink green tea?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
problem is NOT too many cooks spoiling the broth it is too many medical dieticians spoil the fun.....I had a hospital dietician sit down with Sharon and I ...then was moved to a rehab hospital and another dietician talking again then released and another dietician in the cardiac rehab clinic.....saw one at diabetic clinic and another at the heart function clinic ,,,,still another at the renal failure clinic and of course the implant clinic had to get the last word BUT WAIT ,,,,,,,renal failure wanted another shot at me:eek2: there was a WIDE range of opinions and from each :rolleyes2: I took a little but one operative word from all was MODERATION so now I consume EVERYTHING :thumbup: I want in ........you guessed it MODERATION

Bina, it just occurred to me that I have the same model and size St. Jude valve as you do and take the same dosage of warfarin, 18 mg per week. Maybe that's the trick? That brand and size of valve needs that much warfarin? It is a funny coincidence.

Now I'm starting to think maybe I should pull out the couch cushions and be sure I don't have a baby goat in hiding in there. :biggrin2:

green tea

green tea

hi there i drink one cup of "clipper"green tea every morning..what is the story about soya sauce?
donna

Hi Greg,
Because you live in Kitchener I wonder if you had contact with St. Mary's Hospital. My spouse had stent surgery there a year ago. At that time he got really good advice in the cardio rehab clinic not so the pharmacist dissing POC home monitors.
Sandra

to jump in on this late, my first doctors during surgery # 1 told me don't drink green tea, don't eat spinach blablabla. nothing green, no fish oil. but my cardios and surgeons for this surgery told me that was a lot of bunk and pretty much said exactly what ross and hook said. i was really relieved. they pretty much said just don't go out one day and be like, "wow, i really feel like 10 lbs of baby spinach." and to adjust my dose for what i ate. also, my cardio wears a bowtie all the time, so i trust what he says all. the. time. end of story.

though no one mentioned to me low sodium/low fat diets? why do i need those sorts of diets with fake valves? (do not want)

Last edited:
though no one mentioned to me low sodium/low fat diets? why do i need those sorts of diets with fake valves? (do not want)

Why mention it? Unless you have Congestive Heart Failure, it shouldn't be an issue. Obviously, it's more healthy for you, but I can't live like that.

No Green Tea?

No Green Tea?

Geez, I've been washing my coumadin with a large glass of green tea for weeks now. No major problems with INR yet.

-Philip

Luana, are you a lightweight too?.....I am 5' 2" and under 100 pounds. (food is not my hobby, goats are) ;)

Well, I sure am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, a very cheap date actually. I'm not quite as svelte as you.
But I'm wondering how you take your 18 mg; I take 4 mg on Wed and Sun and 2 mg for the other days of the week. Do you do something similar? :eek:

Geez, I've been washing my coumadin with a large glass of green tea for weeks now. No major problems with INR yet.

-Philip

Philip the key word is "Green". You know the drill, if it's green, you must stay away from it or you'll explode. :rolleyes2:

Well, I sure am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, a very cheap date actually. I'm not quite as svelte as you.
But I'm wondering how you take your 18 mg; I take 4 mg on Wed and Sun and 2 mg for the other days of the week. Do you do something similar? :eek:

Yup, I've always been a cheap date too.....;)
My Coumadin dosing is:
Mon, Wed, Fri......2mg each day
Tues, Thu, Sat, Sun...3mg each day

Latest posts

Back